Camper Van advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ha, we started with a pair of Bromptons in the underbed ‘garage’ of our first MOHO. Since then we had garages that carried 2 full sized bikes upright until now that is.... the B comes everywhere with me regardless.

Yes that's the beauty of a folded Brompton, it just fits in so easily and is used as my family ride, shopper and all round jobbing bike (bag of the front of course) it even comes on some business trips with me in the boot of my car, gives me something to do in the evenings instead of being bored in a hotel room.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Yes that's the beauty of a folded Brompton, it just fits in so easily and is used as my family ride, shopper and all round jobbing bike (bag of the front of course) it even comes on some business trips with me in the boot of my car, gives me something to do in the evenings instead of being bored in a hotel room.
Yep mine comes on business trips too - it lives in the car boot when not in the Campervan. I even have a flight case for taking it on planes which I have done in the past. Every cyclists should have one!

The new Comformatic gear box is totally different vs the old (not so good, very polite) version. Lots of stories of poor gear changes, too early and too late and especially when towing some weight. Also they weren't the best at getting you off slippery surfaces like wet grass, mud etc.

I know several people with the new CM box that they've had since last year and all report it as being like chalk and cheese, one guy i know compares it to his previous Merc/Hymer gear box smoothness.

Now if Fiat would only fix those blessed EGR valves:laugh:

Some lovely campers on here. I bought my 2014 VW Kombi with a view to converting it. Got as far as insulating, carpeting, spot lights and a leisure battery. Captain front seats and lowered suspension all done by a local company but then mostly used for mountain bike days in lakes and never went further with conversion. It’s only done 34,000 but with the impending redundancies at work I feel it may have to be sacrificed for a more day to day commuter vehicle :cry:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
The new Comformatic gear box is totally different vs the old (not so good, very polite) version. Lots of stories of poor gear changes, too early and too late and especially when towing some weight. Also they weren't the best at getting you off slippery surfaces like wet grass, mud etc.

I know several people with the new CM box that they've had since last year and all report it as being like chalk and cheese, one guy i know compares it to his previous Merc/Hymer gear box smoothness.

Now if Fiat would only fix those blessed EGR valves:laugh:

New 9 speed auto is now coming on our van. After much homework it's a very well known unit, so hopefully worth the upgrade cost. Only 3 months to wait now...

Drago

Legendary Member
Ive got to go up your end next week @Fab Foodie to Hythe to see a man about a dog. We'll be meeting outside and going for a walk to discuss matters. Strange times.

Top Bottom