Camper Van advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I do hope so. It's a fair bit bigger than the T5, a whole metre longer, but still with 140 bhp. Mind you, these things are as much about enjoying the journey as they are being there, so I don't need stellar performance.
You’ll appreciate the extra space. Can you lie out lengthways in the lounge?

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I do hope so. It's a fair bit bigger than the T5, a whole metre longer, but still with 140 bhp. Mind you, these things are as much about enjoying the journey as they are being there, so I don't need stellar performance.

Yes, while it is nice to have something which is reasonably pleasant to drive, I never quite understand the obsession with performance, where campervan/Motorhome involved. Admittedly, we are retired, so, time is not at a premium, but, (pre-COVID), we enjoyed roaming (mainland) Europe in our Motorhome, at a maximum of 60mph, although it will go faster. The journey there is part of the fun. Indeed, we tend to wander, with only the vaguest plan of where we are going, so, there is not really a destination anyway ;) Enjoy your new van!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
You’ll appreciate the extra space. Can you lie out lengthways in the lounge?

The bed is a double transverse, but daytime layout is a lounge with 2 lengthwise sofa's. Long enough to sit with legs out, and my better half will be OK as she's only slight, but no good for me at 6ft. I have tried it in 'bed' mode and it's OK, just long enough at 6'1"..

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Booo, my van has been delayed until the start of April:sad: Not like I could go anywhere beyond the drive but I so want to just have it home and fiddle:laugh:

Well I thought we'd be enjoying the new van by now, but supply chain issues have put paid to that. Our van is going into build this week, we have fingers crossed that it will be ready for the Summer holidays.....

aferris2

Guru
Picked up our T5 LWB van yesterday. Very happy so far, but all I've done is drive it down to Bournemouth and back to Essex (just shy of 300 miles).
Was going to try camping this weekend but the weathers not looking too good so will wait for better weather.
This is a project van. We've only got the basics in the back at the moment. Pop top and swivel seats are going to be the first things to be added. Watching the host of youtube videos makes me think we might just have bought a money pit. Never mind. It's going to be fun!

Fab Foodie

Well I thought we'd be enjoying the new van by now, but supply chain issues have put paid to that. Our van is going into build this week, we have fingers crossed that it will be ready for the Summer holidays.....
Yeah, fingers crossed and all that. There have been delays at all manufacturers it seems, just wehen demand is high too...typical!

aferris2

Guru
We got our van from a company which normally does Motability conversions. Apparently the lead time on new VW's (and other vans) is around 12 months. No wonder prices are getting silly expensive.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Picked up our T5 LWB van yesterday. Very happy so far, but all I've done is drive it down to Bournemouth and back to Essex (just shy of 300 miles).
Was going to try camping this weekend but the weathers not looking too good so will wait for better weather.
This is a project van. We've only got the basics in the back at the moment. Pop top and swivel seats are going to be the first things to be added. Watching the host of youtube videos makes me think we might just have bought a money pit. Never mind. It's going to be fun!

I really enjoyed converting ours, but you really can spend fortunes on stuff that doesn't matter. Get the basics right, don't scrimp on the roof or seats, the rest all just falls into place.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Yeah, fingers crossed and all that. There have been delays at all manufacturers it seems, just wehen demand is high too...typical!

I'm hoping that this might well be it, just off the build line, the one nearest. Looks right, but sadly can't see the VIN plate or I'd know for sure!!

VAn.jpg

Fab Foodie

We’re using ours nearly every weekend, far more than our larger coachbuilts. It’s really become a second home and it’s a peach to drive :-)

aferris2

Guru
And here's ours

We have a very narrow driveway down the side of the house - there's just over 100mm clearance in total between the brick walls each side - so not much scope for anything bigger. Very pleased that I managed to get in on my first attempt without having to reverse or touching any nasty rough surfaces!

Top Bottom