Camping weekend - East Yorkshire 23rd July - 26th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It doesn't look like there is going to be a national CC camping weekend, so anyone fancy this?

And in reality people aren't going to go to both, are they?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Please also see Admin's post above, which shows that at the time Soltydog thought of this get-together, the meet-up at Derby had not been general knowledge.

I think as they are two different week-ends, in different counties, and of different types of event, people might like to attend both, or only able to attend one of them.

velocidad

Veteran
ya not really upset about this are ya 'dodger??
this was posted before we had any thing concrete on a big CC meet up.
and this was, in reality, only ever going to be of interest to people from round here, or would have been coming anyway for the cycling events that are due to take place that weekend. i really don't think it was meant to take the place of the big annual CC meet up, nor do i think it will have any impact on it.

cheers,
velocidad.

Shaun

Founder
Roger,

Solty wrote that before I'd even decided on a CC get together.

In actual fact, Solty's first mention of having a camping do over at his place was last year when we did the Hull to Hornsea ride (and got a bloody good soaking!), before we'd even thought about a CC get together. His PM outlining the offer of his land was sent to me on 12th Dec 2008.

I tell you what, I'll edit out the "... not having a national CC camping weekend ..." bit just in case there are any other misunderstandings. ;)

Cheers,
Shaun :wacko:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Cheers for the defence guys ;)

I didn't mean to crap on anyone's event & to confirm what has already been posted this weekend was first muted on a 'rather damp' ride last year :laugh:

I would have gone to both events had I not been working the weekend of the official CC get together & I'm sure there will be more attending the official meet as it is more central ;)

I only picked this weekend as it ties in with the cycling activities in nearby Beverley, otherwise I would have planned it later in the year so not to clash with anything else

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Can anyone tell me how far it is from York to the campsite? I mean, I could get the train over, or...

It will probably be just over 50 miles from York to mine, dependant on your choice of route, or approx 16 miles from Hull station ;)

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Soltydog said:
It will probably be just over 50 miles from York to mine, dependant on your choice of route, or approx 16 miles from Hull station ;)

Arch - you're welcome to break the journey at my place. I can lay on tea and cakes:tongue:.

Arch

Married to Night Train
HelenD123 said:
Arch - you're welcome to break the journey at my place. I can lay on tea and cakes:tongue:.

oh, that's sounding like a plan...xx( I suppose I better get the dates/days and stuff right in my head and compose a plan. 50 miles should be do-able, even with camping kit (assuming my FCR will take the weight - still I won't need many clothes or other stuff)

What's the deal on catering? I have a stove, but if I could get away without bringing it that would be good. I can cope with bread and stuff for most meals, but the werewithal to make a cuppa would be good....

Arch

Married to Night Train
So, the Beverley racing is Friday evening, so I could come across on the Friday. Or play hookey and come over on the Thursday...

And the grimpeur rides are Saturday.

I could either come home on the Sunday, or maybe the Monday.

Do we have a definite list of who's coming and when? I mean, I don't want to end up in a tent on my own in a field on the Thursday night....

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Arch said:
oh, that's sounding like a plan...:ohmy: I suppose I better get the dates/days and stuff right in my head and compose a plan. 50 miles should be do-able, even with camping kit (assuming my FCR will take the weight - still I won't need many clothes or other stuff)

What's the deal on catering? I have a stove, but if I could get away without bringing it that would be good. I can cope with bread and stuff for most meals, but the werewithal to make a cuppa would be good....

We've got a stove so you don't need to worry about that.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Arch said:
So, the Beverley racing is Friday evening, so I could come across on the Friday. Or play hookey and come over on the Thursday...

And the grimpeur rides are Saturday.

I could either come home on the Sunday, or maybe the Monday.

Do we have a definite list of who's coming and when? I mean, I don't want to end up in a tent on my own in a field on the Thursday night....

You've got me thinking... I'm not sure I'd want to do the 100k then have to cycle to Soltydog's as well. Maybe the 60k would be a good idea:wacko:.

Arch

Married to Night Train
HelenD123 said:
You've got me thinking... I'm not sure I'd want to do the 100k then have to cycle to Soltydog's as well. Maybe the 60k would be a good idea:wacko:.

I might be up for that - we all have to enter independently, I take it... I better look up the cost...

Shaun

Founder
Okay, I've checked the family calendar and the only thing I can manage is popping up to Solty's on Sunday morning to say hello.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
HelenD123 said:

I could possibly transport myself & 3 others inc bikes to & from Beverley on the Saturday :biggrin:
Not sure if anyone else will be here with motorised transport to assist :smile:

Top Bottom