Campsite Driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have you ever been concerned by drivers in campsites? A drunk driver at a Snowdonia campsite has just been convicted.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...who-killed-woman-on-snowdonia-campsite-jailed

My worst incident was at an almost empty campsite in Norway with a large family of Romainian campers . The women, who didn't appear to have any formal instruction or knowledge of reverse gear would drive around the grassy areas in big loops. I made sure to leave lights on in my dark green tent, and even moved my tent to an out of the way corner for safety.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Dreadful incident, all to do with drink driving.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Not since I upgraded my bivvy and tarp set-up....

D073205C-BC7B-4F28-AC66-722875706EE1.jpeg

lane

Veteran
I read that words fail me. Looks like it might have been worse if some people hadn't taken avoiding action. Eight years in prison - well probably more like four in reality .........

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I once saved a bunch of students from being mown down in their tents by a grass rolling machine in Bognor. It was about 4am and I was just watering the grass outside my tent when I saw some rather inebriated lads joy riding on a powered cricket pitch roller, they decided to jump off an leave it running on. I legged it over in my boxers and jumped on the machine and took about 30 meters trying to work out how to turn it off. It stopped about 20 meters away from a tent. The Police turned up about 10 minutes later and carted the lads away, I was not even asked for a statement.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
In about 1987 I was on a family camping holiday in France when the driver of a car full of local youths starting belting round the campsite roads, sounding the horn and skidding around like he was on a rally, after midnight My father & I stood just inside the tent each holding a pole from the windbreak in case the neds tried to get in & we were all ready to evacuate the tent too if needful. It was rather scary.

Top Bottom