Campy groupsets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

This is just a matter of idle curiousity: does anyone know why Campy don't list anything below their Veloce groupset on their website, even though there are '09 bikes specced with Mirage? Has Mirage actually been discontinued?

Matthew

Neilwoo123

Yes

brodie

ColinJ said:
Almost. I think a more complete answer would be:Yes, but please don't call Campagnolo 'Campy'! :tongue:

Yeah, it's "Campagnolo", or "Campag" for short. Apparently it's "Campa" in continental Europe.

Radius

SHREDDER
It's 'campy' in A-merica only. 'Campag' in the UK please, if you must utter the name in the first place. :tongue:

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

I'm sorry, have I stepped on some roadie (roadag?) toes.:tongue:

Maybe I'll start talking about "fixies", that'll really annoy you!

Actually I think "Campag" is strange sounding since isn't the "g" in Campagnolo semi-silent? (as in gnocchi)

Matthew

yello

MajorMantra said:
Actually I think "Campag" is strange sounding since isn't the "g" in Campagnolo semi-silent? (as in gnocchi)

I don't know. Certainly I've always sounded it. Campag-nolo as opposed to campa-gnolo.

Radius

SHREDDER
When I say the full name the 'g' is silent, but I still say the abbreviation as 'campag' with the 'g' sounded.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you watch one of the classic road racing videos of the 70s - Stars and Watercarriers - you hear an Italian guy on the PA at a stage start pronounce the Bianchi-Campagnolo team name as be-an-key-cam-pan-yolo.

OP
OP
MajorMantra

MajorMantra

ColinJ said:
If you watch one of the classic road racing videos of the 70s - Stars and Watercarriers - you hear an Italian guy on the PA at a stage start pronounce the Bianchi-Campagnolo team name as be-an-key-cam-pan-yolo.

That's how I'd pronounce those words so that's reassuring. I still think "Campag" is weird...

Matthew

Top Bottom