Fulcrum Campy freehub strip RT-013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leaway2

Lycrist
Has anyone got experience with these? I've taken 2 bearings out, but cant get any further. There is a notch (arrow) with corresponding notch180 degrees which looks as tho' it may rotate.

FulcrumFreehubEx.jpg

DonkeyKong

Sorry, I can't help with this, but what tool did you use to unscrew the freehub?

I have a freehub to remove from a Fulcrum Racing Sport wheel. I can see you remove it from inside the wheel, but I don't have a tool that fits.

Big John

Guru
I'm afraid I can only speak for the freehubs that I've serviced, which are Shimano ones. If the freehub is turning freely from bitter experience I'd leave it. Spray some GT85 around if you want to but dismantling further is a faff, doable but a proper faff. This YouTube vid might help but ignore the stuff that isn't relevant to your Campag freehub. If you really want to dismantle it then make sure you have a few hours to spare. I had bearings flying all over the place.

That part you mentioned that has two notches is in the video. Can be awkward to remove if you don't have the proper tool although you can drift it out with a punch. I think it's left hand thread. I've dismantled a few but wouldn't do another through choice.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X9gIEG1db0s

DonkeyKong

Mine has 12 splines in it. Here's a photo of the new one I bought to replace the worn out one. I have tried an M12 spline tool in it, but it was too small. Does anyone know what tool I need?

IMG_20210916_135028.jpg

It's a Fulcrum RT-013, which I assume is the same as the Campag RT-013.

OP
OP
Leaway2

Leaway2

Lycrist
Yes mine is Fulcrum (sorry). I thought the splines are M12. I bought a "11mm HEX KEY BIT ALLEN Socket on a 10mm Hex Drive and 75mm long overall" from Ebay the main body is M12 so it is basically 3 in 1.
I tapped out the outer bearing in the freehub and replaced it. I replaced the NDS wheel bearing, Discretion being etc, I left the freehub inboard bearing which I don't know how to access. It may be OK as it is well protected from the elements.

Top Bottom