Campy Sold?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Similar thread in the Cafe

Tynan

Veteran
I say campag

and I'm not sad, old or bearded

I do wear sandals in summer, campy sounds a gay and the whole thing sounds Italian

SimonC

Tim Bennet. said:
Campy is a registered trademark of Campagnolo.

Campag is a slang name used exclusively by sad old British bearded, sandle wearing stereotypes.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Campag is a slang name used by most road riders, road racers, time triallers and tourers. Campy is a slang name used by newbies, MTB'ers etc.;)

If Campagnolo have registered "Campy" as a trademark, then thats their mistake, we dont have compound the problem by repeating it.:blush:

Bigtwin

Just call it hardware.

There is, apparently, another brand, but by all sensible accounts it's crap.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

If Campagnolo have registered "Campy" as a trademark, then thats their mistake, we dont have compound the problem by repeating it.
Campagnolo registered 'Campy' in 1977.
It's the abbreviation they endorse for use (sic) 'in the English speaking world'.

PS: Since when was 'time triallers and tourers' not interchangeable with 'bearded, sandle wearing stereotypes'.

SimonC

Tim Bennet. said:
It's the abbreviation they endorse for use (sic) 'in the English speaking world'.

PS: Since when was 'time triallers and tourers' not interchangeable with 'bearded, sandle wearing stereotypes'.

You might have a point there, Mr Bennet.:biggrin:

Still never going to say Campy tho.:sad:

ASC1951

Guru
Tim Bennet. said:
The only people I have heard use it have been French bike mechanics; but then it sounds more natural to them than Campag.

Davidc

Guru
ASC1951 said:
The only people I have heard use it have been French bike mechanics; but then it sounds more natural to them than Campag.

What, when they're talking about one another?

(<< il est un peu campy n'est ce pas?>>

Top Bottom