Can anyone identify these hubs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been given a pair of hubs which I'm trying to identify.
I think the rear is an 8 speed cassette hub. 24 spokes.
The front is 20 spokes.
There are no marks apart from the three lines shown, and some small stamping which may be the letter I and A.
Does anyone know what these are?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Nothing I recognise

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
Thanks guys...I think.

Strange spoke layout. I'm sure I have seen that logo somewhere, but I've no idea when or where. Hub runs nice and smooth.

Front is a bit rough but the effin' thing just wont come apart for me to clean and lube it.

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
I thought the radioactive symbol was their logo? This comes from their website

walkman-man

I'm pretty sure it would be a Bontrager hub, or if not made by them then at least I'm sure I've seen the logo on hubs where the rims are Bontrager branded.

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
I'm pretty sure it would be a Bontrager hub, or if not made by them then at least I'm sure I've seen the logo on hubs where the rims are Bontrager branded.
Thanks. I've also been told they may be Bontager. Fitted to some mid range Trek maybex1l5 years ago. Trek apparently now own Bontrager.

walkman-man

Righto, hope you can find the correct rims for the hubs. There won't be too many for that rear one with the rim drilling being oddly spaced for spokes laced to it in pairs, as opposed to them being equal distances apart. Or at least I'm pretty sure you couldnt use a normal 24 hole drilled rim.

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
I probably won't bother building them up. The cassette seems to be 8 speed so will have limited uses. There's a bike charity near me who might be interested. Alternatively my LBS dabbles in old stuff so I might take them there.

Top Bottom