Can Anyone Recommend a Boost Starter Pack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
If its a modern CANBUS or similarly multiplexed system, forget it. Too much chance of damaging something expensive. Get you'self a smart charger, keep the battery in good health when standing idle.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
If its a modern CANBUS or similarly multiplexed system, forget it. Too much chance of damaging something expensive. Get you'self a smart charger, keep the battery in good health when standing idle.
Don't know if this is true or not, but it is something that would worry me enough to not risk proving it (expensively) true!

Drago

Legendary Member
Oh aye, sudden voltage spikes can be very exciting for CANBUS systems and all their voltage sensitive little modules. As aforementioned in this thread, on a car with conventional electrics you can switch the headlights to "on" before proceeding to prevent any sudden voltage changes doing any damage, but you can't do that in a multiplexed car. T'is why i'm keeping the swedish brick on a smart charger at the moment,

Cavalol

Guru
Got an ABOX Jump Start 1500 amp from Amazon. Only small, but will start my Transit diesel when flat, been very impressed with it.

Top Bottom