Can anyone recommend a set of head phones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
For a good few years I used a set of ear buds that I bought in a sale at TK Max, I think I only paid a tenner for them and I never gave them much thought but they sounded great. Now the cable is dodgy where it goes into the plug so it usually only works one one speaker. I forget what brand they are and any markings have worn off by now.

I've tried a set of Sony, Panasonic and Seinnheiser to replace them so far and think they are all shoot. I'm only shopping in the ~£20 range I know but the Sony ones only lasted 1 week before they stopped working properly so I took them back and exchanged them for the Panasonic ones which sound oh so cheap and tinny. The Seinnheiser ones are lovely design and fit the ear very well but again they sound so cheap and tinny compared to my old ones.

Can anyone recommend a set of ear buds that would have decent bass and don't cost the earth?

Paul99

Über Member
Can anyone recommend a set of ear buds that would have decent bass and don't cost the earth?

Nope. No one can 'cos they don't exist. Sorry.

For your budget have a look at the Soundmagic range (PL11 or E10). They get decentish reviews.

If you want to get some decent ones you are going to need more pennies.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Don't bother with buds, always popping out of your ears etc. My trusty Seinnheisers are still going strong despite the sponge insert coming out of them.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I found the £20 Sennheisers to give quite a good sound, but then the only thing I've compared them with is a set of £50 or so Sennheiser folding ones designed for mobile phone use, with a microphone in the extension lead.

OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
You could cut the plug off + an inch of cable and solder a new plug on.

I have thought about that but then thought I would like something new and shiny for a change!

andyfraser

Über Member
I swear by in-ear Sennheisers but buy ones in the £30 - £50 range. They give the best sound of any headphones under £50 and are worth the extra. I do try to get them in a sale though to save a bit.

Paul99

Über Member
I swear by in-ear Sennheisers but buy ones in the £30 - £50 range. They give the best sound of any headphones under £50 and are worth the extra. I do try to get them in a sale though to save a bit.
I've got a few pairs of Senny's. They do make a good headphone/earphone but generally you have to spend a little bit to get the good ones.

My favourite in-ears are my UE Triple-Fi 10's. They are butt ugly but with Comply tips I haven't heard a pair under the £300 price mark that can match them. Sadly they don't make 'em anymore.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
I bought a pair of a-Jay Ones from Richer Sounds for £20,they started off good and have been getting better as I've upgraded the phone and the tablet that I plug them into as well for some reason. Flat cables don't tangle as much and a good selection of buds with them. Of course there is better... but £20...

Top Bottom