Can anyone suggest a backpack?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dimples

Über Member
I've got a laptop backpack which ive owned for 7+ years now and its in pieces, not really fit for purpose. It's great as its padded and can fit a fair bit of stuff in it. I could fit my 16'' laptop in it back in the day and even my fat PS2!

Now i don't need to carry a laptop anymore, but I would still like something that's got plenty of space. But it needs to be very comfy to wear for when cycling. Can anyone suggest any?

For the most part it will carry my bike chain along with gym clothing (for when I go before/after work). It doesn't have to be pretty (just not girly obviously), just functional and comfortable. Something with at least 2 main compartments, then smaller compartments on the outside, and at least one mesh area on the side of the backpack so I could put a bottle.

Thanks.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
how about a courier bag, cycle specific, instead of a rucksack/daysack which is intended for walking/more upright back?

I find a courier bag way more comfortable and something like a timbuk2 classic won't break the bank and will do all you ask (tell them @User1314 )

OP
OP
dimples

dimples

Über Member
Well thanks for the responses. I looked into it abit further, seems as though the timbuk2 classic and citizen chrome are vastly popular then anything else. I'm leaning towards the timbuk2 as its cheaper.
However there seems to be mixed opinions on here with regards to whether a regular backpack or messenger-type bag is more comfortable for riding, I'm up for change, but can't help but have abit of concern for that. Particularly as these don't have any lumbar support or some kind of padding/slate to prevent badly packed items from digging into your back.
I have a £20 fake leather, fairly generic messenger bag that I bought from a high street clothes store, it's fine for cycling with just my chain + other light items but that's it. I've got it strapped as tight as possible and it does move about a little.

Are there any other messenger bags similar in price to the timbuk2 that are worth considering?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Look at some of the Crumpler ones. I'll even sell you my old Seedy Three for £10 plus P&P so you can have a go.

Top Bottom