Can anyone tell me what type / make these tyres are?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gamingvenom

Im replacing a bike for some who had hers stolen, but she does not know im replacing it yet so I cant ask her. I do not simply want to buy her a new bike, I would love to be able to recreate the bike she lost best i can. In fact, if you can tell me where to get that same frame and handle bars or what to search for on google, id greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Attachments

• fp.jpg
    fp.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 16

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
The frame looks like a 2014 model Pinarello FP UNO. It’s a six year old frame so you won’t be able to buy the same new anymore.
You may need to discuss with your friend as you won’t know frame size
Continental Ultra Sport tyres.

Same frame as pic below but with different wheels and other components.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Still listed on this shop's website, although 'quantity 1' exceeds their current stock level, which presumably means they have none.

Odd device, being part ally, part carbon - are there/were there many roadie bikes like that?

As regards a replacement, the bike in the pic looks well loaded.

The Pinarello doesn't sound ideal for that type of use, so the owner might prefer a bike that's better able to take racks and panniers.

Asking her would, of course, spoil the surprise, but getting the right bike would please her more in the long run.

https://www.johnatkinscycles.co.uk/m3b0s6p1291/Pinarello-FP-Uno

OP
OP
G

Gamingvenom

You may need to discuss with your friend as you won’t know frame size

Eh I really dont wanna ruin the suprise lol, she is a somewhat tall lady, i'd say about between 5'6 - 5'8 perhaps, athletic slender build if you could possible have a guess for me about what size would suite her lol? ( based on her desrciption, it is probably apparant now why i really wanna get her this bike right? lmao ) any help would be appreciated and thanks for your help so far boss =]

OP
OP
G

Gamingvenom

Still listed on this shop's website, although 'quantity 1' exceeds their current stock level, which presumably means they have none.

Odd device, being part ally, part carbon - are there/were there many roadie bikes like that?

As regards a replacement, the bike in the pic looks well loaded.

The Pinarello doesn't sound ideal for that type of use, so the owner might prefer a bike that's better able to take racks and panniers.

Asking her would, of course, spoil the surprise, but getting the right bike would please her more in the long run.

https://www.johnatkinscycles.co.uk/m3b0s6p1291/Pinarello-FP-Uno

Thank you, I will save that link in my book marks in the likely event I cant find any others =]. When she posted on facebook about it being stolen and added a picture, someone else asked her if it was loaded at the time and she said yes, i just figured loaded meant that she had the saddle bag things on the back full of stuff lol, what does loaded mean?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Eh I really dont wanna ruin the suprise lol, she is a somewhat tall lady, i'd say about between 5'6 - 5'8 perhaps, athletic slender build if you could possible have a guess for me about what size would suite her lol? ( based on her desrciption, it is probably apparant now why i really wanna get her this bike right? lmao ) any help would be appreciated and thanks for your help so far boss =]
I’d go with 52cm then.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
i just figured loaded meant that she had the saddle bag things on the back full of stuff lol, what does loaded mean

Yes, that's what loaded means.

The point is that a carbon Pinarello is not the best tool for that job.

If she uses the bike often with lots of luggage, now that replacement time has unfortunately arrived she might prefer a bike better able for load carrying.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I completely agree with @Pale Rider above, you wouldn’t usually put the words Carbon Pinarello, luggage and racks in the same sentence. There are definitely bikes better suited to carrying bags.
I know it’s not what you want but you may have to talk to her.

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
Size depends on leg length. If her inside leg is 30", then she'll be 54-56cm. If it's less, then more of a 54cm unless she has really short legs. My other half is 5' 7" / 30" and is comfy on a 56cm with a 90cm stem, or a 54cm with a 110mm stem.

You are doing an honourable thing, but it would be better to get it right, because the old bike might not have been.

Russ

Top Bottom