Can cars ever be trusted?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
"Any person caught sniffing the rest of the exercise bike in the ladies gym will be imprisoned without trial."

Doesn't seem very relevant to me.

okay, you are Kryten 2X4B 523P AICMFP

Of course, but the people to say that to are the motorists, preaching to the converted on here achieves nothing. I've made that argument more times than I could count, but to the anti-cycling motorists on Twitter, and usually with no support from other cyclists.

The motoring trolls (both amateur and paid) are far more numerous than the cyclists on Twitter, but there are quite a few saying sensible things on this topic e.g.
View: https://twitter.com/H_H_Gray/status/1792838642022432901

Reactions: DRM

simongt

Guru
The mere fact that in 2022, 1,695 deaths & 136,002 injuries on Britain's roads has become just 'another statistic', whereas when when a cyclist is responsible for the death of a pedestrian is front page news really says it all. :wacko:

Last edited:
You can trust cars but not the driver that is behind the controls.

Can you trust that brick 4th row up 10 bricks from the right in your house? Can you trust that cuckoo clock? How about trust that bike? Can you trust any non-sentient, non- living item? Come on people! It's not the car it's the driver you trust or not. You cannot trust an inanimate object that cannot operate on it's own.

If you keep going along this way you might be creating an argument for repealing motoring laws against drivers and applying them to cars. Sending them to car jail! :laugh: It's not the driver but the car that's not trusted / done the motoring offence! :laugh:

Top Bottom