Can I change the batteries in my Polar HRM strap?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I think they do! If you Google search you will find various methods involving scalpels, silicon sealant, and so on. I bit the bullet and bought one of their Wearlink straps and transmitter which allows easy replacement of the battery.
 
OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
For interest, this is what I found when I cut open the dead transmitter unit; the battery seems to be tack welded to the little spring clip and encased in a plastic holder so despite my determination it looks as if I would do better shelling out for a new one. The receiver battery on the other hand is simple.

IMG-20111221-00165.jpg
 

SquareDaff

Über Member
I just bought a HRM from Sigma where they let you do complicated things like "change the batteries" all by your lonesome through the use of the "innovative" battery cover ^_^
 
Top Bottom