Can I get some opinions on this tent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Guru
It's a good weight but I can't see the internal dimensions.

OP
OP
T

TwoInTow

OK, I checked out the ones you compare it to. It's down to 150 in the sale, which is why I was asking. I thought it might be a good price and a good tent. A Vango 300 seems to sell around 100 so not exactly twice the price, but I do take your point! Comparing to the Vango 200, this one is a bit roomier and about 350g lighter (x 2 for us!).

Since it's family touring the weight is especially important for us, as we will be dragging the children's luggage, and I'll certainly be carrying some of the weight of my daughter as well (she doesn't pull her own weight on the tandem!) so I'm glad to get it as light as possible...

Measurements are:
Max height 100cm, Inner length (IYKWIM) 215cm, add the porch length and it's 320cm, and it's 135cm wide on the inside. My husband's the biggest and he's about 5'9" so we're not that big!

I'm thinking I might for it, actually - it seems a reasonable compromise on price and room and weight, which are the key things for us.

djb1971

Legendary Member
Take a look at the vango banshee 300.

I've just bought the 200 and it's great as a one man + kit. The 300 will be plenty for 2 + Kit . If you're set on the blacks though, it looks a good tent just seems a lit pricey to me.

I've only had the banshee up in the house so far, should have been in it this weekend but I'm not! long story! It's well made and lightweight, a blind man could erect it first time around in minutes.

HelenD123

Guru
djb1971 said:
Take a look at the vango banshee 300.

I've just bought the 200 and it's great as a one man + kit. The 300 will be plenty for 2 + Kit . If you're set on the blacks though, it looks a good tent just seems a lit pricey to me.

I've only had the banshee up in the house so far, should have been in it this weekend but I'm not! long story! It's well made and lightweight, a blind man could erect it first time around in minutes.

That looks very good. This year's version has two doors as well which is useful.

HelenD123

Guru
TwoInTow said:
Measurements are:
Max height 100cm, Inner length (IYKWIM) 215cm, add the porch length and it's 320cm, and it's 135cm wide on the inside. My husband's the biggest and he's about 5'9" so we're not that big!

Mine's 10cm narrower than yours and not generous for 2 people so this one is an improvement. Mine does have two doors though so you can each stash your luggage in a separate porch.

PpPete

Legendary Member
In that sort of price range have a look at the various models from Vaude.
Top spec German brand. We have Taurus Ultralight at 1.9 kgs, plenty of room for 2. They do slightly heavier ones with more robust materials too.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My 2 person tent was £300. It's light and spacious and the way I looked at the price was that it paid for itself in hotels after a week. That was many, many nights ago.

Jugular

Do you need to get the same tent for both?
I know the Vango Spirit 200+ would probably big enough for you all to sit inside if it's raining and you could store the trailer and panniers in there otherwise. Then you could buy the Banshee for the kids.
www.alpenstock.co.uk is usually cheaper than RRP (currently a 15% off), though it's not necessarily the cheapest place.

I have no knowledge of Blacks tents, but are they not just rebranded/copies of others? Never quite sure if they'll be more expensive due to extra middlemen or cheaper due to reduced R&D...

Top Bottom