Can I have a go...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry, complete novice to all of this, I'm just a commuter on my hybrid, but seeing these track races on the velodromes looks like fun. Is there anyway a beginner like me can have a go, akin to a track day for driving cars around a track?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Yes, locate your closest track and then inquire about "taster sessions".

mknash

OP. Do it man. I was lucky enough to live close to where a bunch of motivated (unlike myself) individuals from this very forum set up a meet. To this day it is still the biggest blast I have ever had (been 3 times now). Otherwise I am just a 5 mile each way commuter on a hybrid myself.

Wouldn't say it was easy, but I haven't made a complete fool of myself and it is a hell of a thrill. They hired me the bike and the shoes, had to provide own lid and mits (manchester). Came off from near the top of the track once and walked off fine.

Maylian

Veteran
We had a team building day at work a few years ago. There is a place nearby called Calshot Activity Centre and one of the activities was track cycling in their velodrome. It was a great time, this was before I got into cycling so my performance wasn't great but it was still fun and would like to go again.

Almost went a couple of months ago but twisted my knee running a few days before so had to pull out but definitely worth a go.

Top Bottom