Can I Join In On This Bit Now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Feeling pleased with myself. My first commute today.:smile:

36 mile round trip into Reading from near Basingstoke. I will try to do it twice a week now.

Went the wrong way in the back lanes on the way in so did 22 miles instead of 18 and got a p******re and a near left hook on the way home, but still smiling.

Do I get a badge or a crackerjack pencil or something?:biggrin:

bonj2

if you did 22 miles commuting, TODAY - then you certainly get a medal as you did it in less than 3 minutes. :smile:

igmc

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Did you use the NCN route? It's number 23 if I remember correctly. It's not a bad route, though a bit windy and some of the signs are easy to miss.

Tetedelacourse

Or a pint glass and some Bullseye darts and the money you've already won?

It'll take the time it takes the board to turn round to count it out.

Yellow Fang said:
Did you use the NCN route? It's number 23 if I remember correctly. It's not a bad route, though a bit windy and some of the signs are easy to miss.

Tried the route 23 on a dry run one weekend but it goes all over the place and end up more like 28 miles than 18ish.
I drew a line on the map between work and home and tried to keep as near to it as I can on the back roads. At one point with my direct route I go along the 23 the wrong way as it bends around so much.

I am normally a bit of a plodder and I would still call myself a newbie but was happy to do 18.9 miles in 80 mins on the way home.

Just getting the mind set to do it again tomorrow with rain forecast.

Top Bottom