Can i use this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
If it's a Cane Creek headset and the bearing size is compatible yes it will.

OP
OP
andsaw

andsaw

Its not a crane creek, i was going off the measurement, with mine its 41mm OD and 30.2mm ID.

iluvmybike

Über Member
There are lots of different compression rings for different makes of headset and you need the correct one to make your headset work. Might be worth asking LBS as they probably have a box of various 'spares'. What happened to the original one?

The compression rings are a massive PITA. If the ring you currently have isn’t knackered, use that. Even the searches on manufacturers sites don’t always bring up the correct combo of bearings, compression rings, and toppers.

OP
OP
andsaw

andsaw

I have the original but its the only thing i havnt replaced, i have been having clicling problems from the headset, i have replaced both bearings and gave a good scrub down yesterday even used a x10 watch repair glass to inspect all the parts to ensure all was spotless and swapped the stem as well and out on it today its all come back again, im at a loss as how to fix it.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I have the original but its the only thing i havnt replaced, i have been having clicling problems from the headset, i have replaced both bearings and gave a good scrub down yesterday even used a x10 watch repair glass to inspect all the parts to ensure all was spotless and swapped the stem as well and out on it today its all come back again, im at a loss as how to fix it.
Clicks ang creaks are hard to trace, are you sure it is the headset?

Top Bottom