Can it be...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
For about 2 weeks now, the wind has blown all the bikes out of the racks at my daughters school. I carefully put them back every day when I collect her at 3pm. Before I get there, maybe a 100 people have walked past, slaloming around them.

Why don't they chain them in? :sad:

Jezston

Über Member
yenrod said:
Most Londoners wouldnt give 2 whatevers for the state of that...if anyone!

I'm reminded of an incident that happened about 4 years back that I still wish I had been able to do something about.

Walking up Kensal Rise high street in NW London and heard a couple of loud "Oi! OI!!!!"s - looked around to to see a hooodied teen riding a bike whilst holding onto another bike with a bloke chasing after him - obvious this kid had just nicked the guy's bike.

If it wasn't for the just above waist-height metal fence the council had, for some reason, decided to erect along the length of the pavement against the road, I would have had ample to time to dash out and snatch the bike off the thief, who I doubt would have given much resistance - he looked pretty terrified.

Still kick myself to this day that I didn't do anything.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I switched someone's light off today that they had left on their bike, blinking away... I just hope that it's still there when they return or we'll have another ninja on the streets!

Top Bottom