Can Safety Helmets really help save your life

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Everyone should always wear a helmet.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
marko1975 said:
I wonder if they can acutally help to save your life, what are the good points and bad:laugh:

My kids always wear them when playing in the house, better be safe than sorry. :wacko:

Mark_Robson

marko1975 said:
I wonder if they can acutally help to save your life, what are the good points and bad:laugh:
Yes safety helmets can, and do save lives. I spent ten years in coal mining and there were a million examples of how someone had survived a fall of stone or a serious impact because they were wearing a helmet.
I now work in the chemical industry and I have seen many examples of how helmets have protected peoples heads from falling tools, chemical contact with acids, flash fires, and explosions.

The above are the pro's of wearing a helmet but the cons are that they are not the most comfortable things to wear, especially on a hot day.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I wonder if a turban would save your life :wacko:

Norm

numbnuts said:
I wonder if a turban would save your life xx(
It may well do so if you are in one of the more volatile states in the Middle East.

Catrike UK said:
Everyone should always wear a helmet.
yello said:
Yep. Always. In bed, in the shower, especially walking down the street :biggrin:
But, more importantly, whilst drinking alcohol, driving a car or climbing stairs.
(How am I doing, Cunobelin? :biggrin:)

Norm said:
It may well do so if you are in one of the more volatile states in the Middle East.

But, more importantly, whilst drinking alcohol, driving a car or climbing stairs.
(How am I doing, Cunobelin? :tongue:)

Fine!

This pedestrian would also have benefited from a helmet!

Norm said:
Looked like it hit her leg. :laugh:

I know, but it has never stopped our local paper!

We had a young boy knocked off his bike by a car,.... so they did an article about how he had been wearing a helmet and that all children should do so.

He had also suffered a leg injury, hadn't fallen off or even come close to hitting his head!

Top Bottom