Can someone recomend a....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
PBK had some good looking tool kits on offer the other day. You'd have to check which kit includes everything you need. I'm guessing a "hardrock" is an MTB, so I can't give you any specific advice on what you need as all my bikes are road.

weevil

Decent? Park AK-37 should cover most jobs. But it's not cheap. About £250 in UK.

It's worth checking its contents against the actual parts on your bike, otherwise you risk having a bunch of tools which you don't need and missing a few which you do.

Alternatively, just buy the best tools you can afford whenever you need them. It's a great way to build a quality set of tools, specific to your needs.

BTW, if you like the look of the AK-37, but not the price, then consider buying from Jenson USA. I bought a load of Park wheel building/truing tools from them recently. I spent the equivalent of about £250, including delivery, then had to pay about £15 to Fed-Ex as it came through customs (or whatever route such items take), so remember to set some money aside for that.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I've bought quite a few tools from Mike Dyason/Inmotion products and have found them to be very good value, chain whip, cassette tool, cone spanners etc.
Find out what you need and buy the individual bits.

Top Bottom