Can someone tell if this is really the specialized power "EXPERT" version saddle? pic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bennycast

Hi everyone, i hope you are doing great.

I am about to buy this specialized saddle but I am not sure if its really the specialized power " expert" version.

can someone tell by just looking at these pictures?

I want to buy it but not sure if its the comp, expert, pro or other

1.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 8
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 5

MntnMan62

Über Member
It's really kind of hard to identify it from pictures but it appears to be either a Power Expert or an S-Works Power. The channel seems to match both on the Specialized saddle page on their website. But the rails don't seem to match the S-Works version. So that leaves the Power Expert. I'm no expert on their saddles. I own two Phenom Experts. But that's all I know. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Well, Specialized are quite good at taking the pee aren’t they? Their biggest piece of urine extraction is the use of their top of the line S- Works brand alluding to the ”Skunk Works” division of Lockheed aircraft that produced the iconic SR71 Blackbird the highest flying fastest plane ever built regardless of cost. Or is it just marketing?

And all this chat just over the designation of a saddle, sorry @bennycast but :welcome: to the forum.

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Über Member
I happen to absolutely love my Phenom Expert. It's very comfortable. I liked it so much I decided to get one for my mountain bike as well. Now my butt doesn't have to get used to two saddles. It seems to be well made and constructed. Definitely not cheap. But the saddle is probably the most delicate area of the three areas of us humans that maintains contact with the bike. I think that area deserves to be treated right and to not cheap out on it.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I think that area deserves to be treated right and to not cheap out on it.
Strange you should say that but my own experience has shown that it's one area where spending more money definitely does not always guarantee better performance in terms of more comfort. My most comfortable saddles have been under twelve quid.

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Über Member
Strange you should say that but my own experience has shown that it's one area where spending more money definitely does not always guarantee better performance in terms of more comfort. My most comfortable saddles have been under twelve quid.

I'm not saying you have to spend more money to get a saddle that feels good and works well for your tush. My point is that if it does take a few bucks to find the right one, it's money well spent. Good for you on finding a comfortable saddle for twelve quid.

Top Bottom