Can someone tell me....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Click on the quote box in the bottom right hand corner.

Globalti

Legendary Member
See that little "quote" box in the bottom RH corner of every post? Try clicking on that.

The square [ ] brackets are the key to it all. When you understand how this simple code works you'll see how to cut out bits of the quote so as to make it more meaningful. Then you'll see how to paste links and pictures into your posts. Then you'll waste even more time than you do now!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sig SilverPrinter said:
OOHH don't know how that worked as when I've clicked quote before it hasn't come up in the blue box

You just have to be careful not to accidentally clip off any of the tag bits (the bits inside the [ ] brackets). If you mess with them you get odd results.

If you want to split a quote up, you can add in extra [ quote ] or [ / quote ] tags (minus the spaces) - just make sure for every start of a quote, there is an end...

So if I put a [ / quote ] after 'as' and a [ quote ] before 'when':

Sig SilverPrinter said:
OOHH don't know how that worked as

I can type something in the middle...

when I've clicked quote before it hasn't come up in the blue box

I find it worth clicking 'preview post' to make sure I've got it right.;)

OP
OP
Sig SilverPrinter

Sig SilverPrinter

Thanks for all the help.
I think I suffer a bit from technophobia!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
On a similer vein, how do you post a link to another web site, ie you tube, and then erase the link and put something like, you might like this, or "here" in it's place?

kyuss

Veteran
Like this, but substitute the regular brackets for the square ones.

(url=site address you are linking to here)keyword you want to use as the link in here(/url)

Sig SilverPrinter said:
Well technology has seriously destroyed the career I've had for 20yrs . I just do not understand computery things ! :blush:

are you a litho printer then???

fell into digital printing couple of years ago, regretting that now...... may be time for a change...

Top Bottom