Can you fix this for me mister?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Probably the local recycling guys, they don't miss much.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The two brothers with the bin job came to collect their "new" bike, the Claud Butler.
In fact it was just the elder one, here he is taking it away. It's a single speed, the derailleur is just there as a tensioner.
New brake pads were fitted.

I asked him to try it and I realised he couldn't ride yet, anyway he's got that ahead of him. I think he was pleased, he said Thank you multiple times.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
This was offered to me by the boy I gave the Claud Butler MTB to:

It's a Miyata, steel frame, made in Japan. Came from the US with a dealer sticker in Cincinnati. Don't know about the date but maybe seventies? I thought it might make a SS.
Been dismantling it all afternoon. The seat post is loose but I can't get the stem out

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I don’t think they are interested in this one. It was a ‘dash’, slang here for given for free. I thought it would make a SS but I’ve run into problems as the alloy stem has welded itself into the steel steerer tube. Any ideas?

tyred

Legendary Member
I don’t think they are interested in this one. It was a ‘dash’, slang here for given for free. I thought it would make a SS but I’ve run into problems as the alloy stem has welded itself into the steel steerer tube. Any ideas?
Turn the bike upside down and fill the bottom of the steering tube with diesel and leave it for a few weeks to soak in. Just keep an eye on the level.

Top Bottom