Can you help with my GCSE Resistant Materials Coursework Questionnaire??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I studied Industrial Design Engineering at Central School of A & D and then twenty years in the cycle industry. Most of that in retail. I understand that your project is a test of your abilities to manage a design brief. There's no expectation that you'll conceive a genuine commercial product which is 100% ready for manufacture. Nevertheless, it does need to have some connection to reality.

In all my years cycling I've never once had a breakdown on the road or trail that couldn't be sorted without the help of a work stand. Proper cyclists never turn their bikes upside down.

The only way a cyclist would justify carrying the extra weight of a portable workstand, is if it doubles as something else. A twin pronged kickstand perhaps. Because the things that people do struggle with out in the field is putting the back wheel in and out and adjusting the gears.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
@mickle 's idea of a dual purpose stand is a good one. Time to get your thinking cap on and 'outside the box'.
Many cyclists don't use panniers for day trips so perhaps Look into attaching it to the frame or even inside.
Good luck.

OP
OP
Shadders06

Shadders06

@mickle 's idea of a dual purpose stand is a good one. Time to get your thinking cap on and 'outside the box'.
Many cyclists don't use panniers for day trips so perhaps Look into attaching it to the frame or even inside.
Good luck.
Thanks for the thought. Thinking cap is going on. 😂

OP
OP
Shadders06

Shadders06

Have to be quick, doesn't it have to be in by tomorrow :ohmy:
Hell yeah, tonight is the night for the thinking cap! 😂💭

In response to your 2nd point, I'm a 14yr old kid, not someone who has been making questionnaires for years on end. It has been suggested by my teacher to ask things like that. If you don't want to answer that question, then none of the questions on the forms are marked as required, so you can answer the ones you wish.
Thanks
In fairness, there was nothing in your post to indicate your age and not being from the UK "RM student" means nothing to me.
There's a compliment in there - your work was on a par with the usual University students and even "professionals" who post surveys here:okay:

Fair play for coming back, answering the points and changing the email requirement. Not many do.

I hope you get a good grade and perhaps consider adding a paragraph or two about what you learned during the survey stage.

Top Bottom