Can you mount your bike from the wrong side..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
..or am I just crap?

I always get on from the left. Bike was leaning up against a wall the other day, thought I'd just hop on from the other side.

I was not successful. It felt dead weird. I thought I was going to fall off just clipping my foot in.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Oddkins bodkins... I don't think I've ever thunk about it, but I always get on from right.... (which probably mans I have a large penis :blush:)
I'm left-handed

longers

Legendary Member
I will try that. Always from the left for me.

Eating a bag of crisps with your wrong hand isn't right either.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Got to be from the left. Never tried to get on from the right, i always move it so i get on from the left. Find it strange to unclip my right foot and put that down and still have my left foot clipped in.

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Another related thing is this: when I'm being held up by the starter at a TT* I'm happy to be leaning slightly leftwards, somewhat uncomfortable when upright, and very uncomfortable when a bit over to the right. That's probably to do with the same thing, I'm used to getting going from leaning over leftwards a bit and then going upright- but not the other way around.

*and I am one crappy, nervous starter. I should give up, really. Or get a trike.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I always get on from the left, it just feels wrong to mount on the wrong side. I also get on my motorbike the same side.

col

Legendary Member
Having tried it a while ago,i was shocked at how unsteady i was,did feel strange.

Top Bottom