Can you recommend a suitable flat pedal for me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi everyone

I am requesting some advice on a quality flat pedal (non SPD) for me please. When I can use my daily run around bike for shopping etc and also gardening, when I do so I wear my size twelve Dickies steel toe cap boots.

My old pedals are nearly worn out and I am looking for a replacement, I would like them to have some grip so my feet dont slip off in the wet and are big enough to accommodate my big feet with large boots. I have looked at ones with pins in and ones without, what are your opinions on which is best for me. Or are their other alternatives.

Thanks for any advice given :smile:

Last edited:

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I've always used DMR V8 or V12s and been very happy. Good grip, nice sized platform, plenty of colours and have felt a reasonable price. They have removable/adjustable pins.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Pins or not depends on how tough your soles are: if they'll break up having pins push into them, go for good grippy rubber instead.

I've used Vavert Commuter pedals on one bike for something like a year now (6000km). They're well worn but still grip OK.

I've just started using Raleigh Comfort pedals on another. So far OK.

I didn't like Oxfords offering - too narrow for my foot so the metal end cap cut into a sole. MKS Lambdas seem well-loved and are probably sturdier than any I've used yet.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I rather like the MKS MT Lite pedals. £17.99 from wiggle. my first set on my touring bike lasted roughly 10,000 miles before the bearings failed. the ones on my road bike are still going strong.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mks-mt-lite-pedals they have very good grips and work well with both my walking shoes and my walking boots.
They are these, as I said SNSSO had the linky
do you have a link for them I cant appear to find them.

Thanks

Top Bottom