Can you recommend some well padded undershorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My dhb undershorts have lasted well even on long rides, but they don't seem to have the padding support they once had, especially if riding off road.

Any recommendations on replacements? The dhb ones currently on Wiggle say suitable for up to 2 hours, I'm usually out 4-6 hours.

vickster

Legendary Member
Best to try some on for size and fit as pad shape and comfort is crucial and that'll vary from person to person. Go to a decent sized Evans who usually have a decent range of waist and bib shorts

Castelli, Rapha, Assos, Endura FS pro have their fans. But equally plenty are happy in DHB or the higher numbered Decathlon for long rides

The pad also wears down with use and washing as you say so if yours are well used, you may just need new

I use Gore and Sportful (women's) but the pad varies even within their ranges

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mojonaut

Mojonaut

Guru
Best to try some on for size and fit as pad shape and comfort is crucial and that'll vary from person to person. Go to a decent sized Evans who usually have a decent range of waist and bib shorts

Castelli, Rapha, Assos, Endura FS pro have their fans. But equally plenty are happy in DHB or the higher numbered Decathlon for long rides

The pad also wears down with use and washing as you say so if yours are well used, you may just need new

I use Gore and Sportful (women's) but the pad varies even within their ranges

Thank you

Worth checking out/buying one of the Decathlon things - stitching looks a bit prominent bit all seems well with me.

Also keep an eye on Aldi specials - I have a few of theirs and find them fine - apart from their recent "premium" one with an "italian" designed pad wouldn't you know. Cost twice as much, pad thin. Over-finessed, pretty useless. Pad positioning is important - I have some nice new Polaris 3/4 tights with a built-in pad and I fear after a recent long ride that the designers are a tad anal-phobic - pad seems to be suspiciously too forward. One you find one that works, buy a few in case they have mad ambitions in future years to head towards product improvement.

Top Bottom