Can you ride a ridged hybrid bike on light trail?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes of course, you may need to modify your speed, especially if the conditions are wet or mucky

What bike is it? What tyres does it wear?

Exile

I take mine on some pretty rough and rutted trails around here, although most of them are signed as A roads ^_^

In all seriousness though, it shouldn't be a problem. I've taken my non-sussed hybrid through some less than ideal terrain, and the worst I've ended up with is mud over everything. You probably don't want to be thrashing it around some of the tougher MTB trails, but for a bit of off-roading you should be fine.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I would agree, but run some 700x35s or so in case you encounter sharp rock or gravel. Took a Giant Nutra through some very dodgy paths here and had few problems.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Looks like fun.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Its not the lack of suspension that will be your problem - there was a time before suspension forks were invented and people rode off road. anyone remember BMX?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Its not the lack of suspension that will be your problem - there was a time before suspension forks were invented and people rode off road. anyone remember BMX?
Or the first several years of mountain biking. Those original mountain bikers, Gary Fisher, Tom Ritchey, Joe Breezer were all using old Schwinn Excelsiors, then getting a ride back up the fire road at Mt. Tam to ride it again.

Top Bottom