Can you still buy "Dynamo's operated Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tradesecrets

What with the pathetic prices of lights for a bike nowadays .I was just curious to know if you really can still buy dynamo operated lights like you could do

tyred

Legendary Member
Of course you can. The choice has probably never been better. Look at SJS as a starting point but others are cheaper.

OP
OP
T

tradesecrets

Can you ... but I've never seen any reviewed or or a whiff of a mention in the mbuk ...mag for some reason

snorri

Legendary Member
... but I've never seen any reviewed or or a whiff of a mention in the mbuk ...mag for some reason
I can only assume that dynamo lighting does not lend itself to mountain biking.
For utility onroad cycling the dynamo is a practical and trouble free power source available at a moments notice all day and every day. The downside of the system is the need to accept slightly lower speeds for the same pedal effort. Even when you stop, if you have fitted standlights, the lights will continue to glow. Of course batteries, single use and rechargeable, have their advantages too. Only you can say which is best for you, it depends on what you use your bicycle for.:smile:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Of course. I use a hub dynamo to power both front and rear lights (with some battery lights as backup). Always ready to go, want to ride all night? no problem.

Just fitted hub dynamo + lights. Lights always with me now so not having to give a thought to being caught out if I'm out longer than expected and dusk falls. Or making sure I have charged batteries.

Still have battery lights for extra illumination if I go out after dark though.

Top Bottom