Canada. Will I ever be ready...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Guru
CP is trying to work his magic on the Airnimal rack. Thank you!

Cathryn - Spandex changed the brake blocks on our Galaxies recently. Weirdly the cheaper ones he tried are more effective.

I may end up with two bikes to choose from. I'm a lucky girl and shouldn't complain!

OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Guru
Arch said:
But glad you are feeling better about the Galaxy. That is a bike that deserves to go off on an expedition. I'm still mithering over the bars on mine, I just need to find the perfect set up... And it's been somewhat eclipsed by the trike...

Apparently Spandex has justed fitted something very similar to this to his Galaxy. They do them in gold;).

Arch

Married to Night Train
HelenD123 said:
I may end up with two bikes to choose from. I'm a lucky girl and shouldn't complain!

Take a trailer, and take turns to ride one, and tow the other behind....;)

OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Guru
Cathryn said:
I've never tried front panniers...rather like the idea of it now.

When I had only the back loaded up last summer I always felt I was wrestling with the bike and either the front wanted to lift up or it wanted to fall over. Admitedly that was with a camping load, more than you take. With both sets of panniers it feels like it will almost stand up by itself - it's just balanced. I even managed to take both hands off for a second:ohmy:.

OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Guru
Well, I put back panniers on the Airnimal and took it round the same route as yesterday. That felt fine as well, apart from a bit of numbness in my hands. Where has this confidence suddenly come from? The only theory I can come up with is it's my new glasses, although the prescription's barely different:wacko:. However it's happened, it's immaculate timing!

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Do you think we will arrange an evening 'thats not as dark as it was' ride before you go?

What were the cheap brake blocks that work better? I need some before I don't stop quck enough

Choose the galaxy you know it makes sense - I remember a review about galaxies & other tourers years ago, that said they only come into there own when fully loaded both fron & back.

You have seen spandex since your new lense prescription? :smile: (there goes the answer to point two :bicycle: )

OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Guru
craigwend said:
Do you think we will arrange an evening 'thats not as dark as it was' ride before you go?

We still haven't got to organising this have we. I leave two weeks on Wednesday!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
What about - precipitation permitting, a ride to South Dalton on Thursday this week?

I leave a week on Wednesday for the Netherlands, so might be a good time to say bon voyageee to Helen?.

OP
OP
HelenD123

HelenD123

Guru
ComedyPilot said:
What about - precipitation permitting, a ride to South Dalton on Thursday this week?

I leave a week on Wednesday for the Netherlands, so might be a good time to say bon voyageee to Helen?.

I think this Thursday would suit me.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Yes election*night brilliant - fine reason to leave the uk !

& even better I can do it! mrcraigwend's keep fit night is cancelled as they are using the village hall for the above*

Arch

Married to Night Train
ComedyPilot said:
Anyone else?

Lets PM Uncle Phil, Solty, Bandini, Craig, Velocidad, Arch, Colly et al

Not me I'm afraid, too far to get over and back for work the next day...

Have fun though!

Top Bottom