Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley ***CANCELLED*** October 6th - To Loch Lomond and back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
That one looks okay.
Just me, @Slick and yourself down as a maybe so far.

Is it still a group ride if there's only three attendees? :cry:

Annoyingly I spotted another ride that conflicts with this one at https://www.meetup.com/CTC-Glasgow-Rides/events/254727432/
I'd be tempted to open this up to people outside of CC but I'm not sure if there are forum rules about that...
I'm happy to give it a miss, although it would have been nice to put faces to handles.

My brothers silver wedding in Stirling tomorrow night so might not be feeling like it anyway.

Next time though.

OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

That one looks okay.

I'm happy to give it a miss, although it would have been nice to put faces to handles.

My brothers silver wedding in Stirling tomorrow night so might not be feeling like it anyway.

Next time though.
A pity, but probably for the best. I also have a family occasion tomorrow and with my family those always end up extremely messy...
Also, I was hoping to hide my severe lack of fitness in a bigger group, but with so few it would been mainly a case of you waiting at the top of a hill for me to huff and puff my way up :laugh:

I'll leave the ride open for now in case of last minute attendees but will cancel it if I haven't heard back by 5pm tomorrow.

Enjoy your party ^_^

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'd be tempted to open this up to people outside of CC but I'm not sure if there are forum rules about that...
No CC rules against it: don't you remember the famous CC Ecosse Perth ride I gatecrashed with a bunch of Belles on Bikes? :laugh:
That was brilliant, shame it' so hard to get a bike on trains, we had to rent a van, remember?

OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

No CC rules against it: don't you remember the famous CC Ecosse Perth ride I gatecrashed with a bunch of Belles on Bikes? :laugh:
That was brilliant, shame it' so hard to get a bike on trains, we had to rent a van, remember?
I didn't know whether you had special dispensation or if the mods were too scared of you to say no :tongue:

OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

It's obviously far too nice a morning to be wasted cycling, maybe @Edwardoka you could try again when it's raining.:whistle:
You're closer to the mark than you think!
Heavy rain and 30mph winds tomorrow, sounds like the perfect opportunity for a ride around Arran :okay:

Slick

Guru
Sadly there's a world of difference between the grand idea of riding in a storm and actually going out into it, particularly when rain is already battering the window and there's a warm bed right there :sad:
Haha, a wise decision. It's a great run, but not today. :okay:

Top Bottom