Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley ***CANCELLED*** October 6th - To Loch Lomond and back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There hasn't been one of these in far too long, so I'd like to propose a re-run of an old classic.
The date is not set in stone, willing to alter it dependent upon bad weather forecast or feedback.
  • The Ride: From Glasgow, west to Dumbarton, north to Balloch for lunch then return leg via Croftamie and the Queen's View.
  • Meeting place: Clyde Auditorium, SEC, near Bell's Bridge
  • Route: https://www.strava.com/routes/15603099 Full distance 71 km / 44 miles.
  • Terrain: Pan-flat on NCN7 to Balloch, some lumpy stuff after Balloch with one significant climb. Mostly tarmac but Kelvin Walkway will be "autumnal".
  • Options: Half-hourly train from Balloch to Glasgow Queen Street for those who can't commit to full ride
  • Ride time: Approximately 4 hours.
  • Food: Main food stop will be Loch Lomond Shores @ Mile 20.
  • Start Time: 10:00am
As always, the three rules of CC Ecosse are:
  • NO ONE gets left behind
  • ANY BIKE will do:bicycle:
  • There WILL BE CAKE :hungry:

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

More details are available on the original thread which is here

Slick

Guru
Just checked the calendar and I'm up for this. Loch Lomond is one of my favourite loops but I've never done the Croftamie thing so look forward to that.

Count me in please. :thumbsup:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Aww @Edwardoka it's so good to see you post a ride!
Sadly September, October and November are my busiest months at work, I'm hardly getting a day off a week, certainly not that weekend as there is the SNP conference on at the SEC.
I know I could have kept up too, barely but I could have! ^_^

OP
OP
E

Edwardoka

Might join in if am not working yet lol
I wouldn't imagine that the section towards Bearsden would be anything like as bad as it was on Day 1 of the Inverness trip (as that was down entirely to the A81 being closed) but I'll do a recon run this weekend to double check the traffic level and scout out possible alternatives if need be!

flyingfifi

Über Member
I wouldn't imagine that the section towards Bearsden would be anything like as bad as it was on Day 1 of the Inverness trip (as that was down entirely to the A81 being closed) but I'll do a recon run this weekend to double check the traffic level and scout out possible alternatives if need be!
Ok i bring my swinsuit,bleach towel, full size slower gel ,shampoo,big bag of batteries oh and some candĺes lol :rofl:

Top Bottom