CC Ecosse (West) ride - Sat 19th Jan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
So, we've had a number of route suggestion and expressions of interest in the other thread, it's time to set up the ride. After some voting and discussion, the route has now been decided. Details as follows:

• The Ride - From Glasgow on the NCN 7 cyclepath to Balloch/Loch Lomond, returning on road over the Queens View and taking the Kelvinside path into town
  • Meeting place - in front of the "Armadillo" at the SECC (here), starting at 10 am. Navigational aid can be provided from elsewhere in the city centre for non-locals, if required
  • Route - Mapped out here. Distance approximately 70 km / 43 miles.
  • Terrain - The cyclepath to Balloch is almost pancake flat. There then follows some lumps before the long-ish climb to Queens View. Downhill from there to Maryhill and then flat again for the final stretch.
  • Ride time - Approximately 4 hours, excluding stops
  • Stops - Cake can be had at the Gateway Centre at the shores of Loch Lomond (km 32). Liquid refreshments can also be had at the Carbeth Inn (km 53)
The 3 key rules of CC Ecosse Forum Rides will apply:

• NO ONE gets left behind
  • ANY BIKE will do:bicycle:
  • There WILL BE CAKE:hungry:
Attended:bravo:
Rasmus
Fokker
GBC
Edwardoka
mr messy
Andy Richards
Harry_Palmer79

Chickened out:cold:
Col3562
Seamab
Tug benson
ianjmcd
Scoosh
Jazloc

Looks good; thanks for setting this up.
Voted!

Col5632

Guru
Thanks for putting the ride up Rasmus, I've voted :thumbsup:

Not totally sure if my legs are up to the challenge yet but ill give it a bash :laugh:

Booyaa

Veteran
Not sure I will be able to join in folks, had another damn seizure on Thursday when I was out on my bike so not too sure about going out for a group ride at the moment, Some good route options there tough, some that I am pretty sure I would struggle on so some training to be done yet!

Not sure I have the legs at the moment for riding up to the sky. Anyway weather permitting I hope to be there.

Fubar

Guru
Not sure I will have the legs either, not been out on the bike since November - work has pretty much got in the way of everything (I am still there now :cry: at 5am). Have a good ride and I'll hopefully see you on the next one. Regards, Mark

OP
OP
Rasmus

Rasmus

Without a clever title
At the moment the poll is tied between Loch Lomond and Eaglesham moor, so I went ahead and plotted a possible route for the latter here. 82 km and a fairly healthy amount of climbing, although most of it is at low gradient.

OP
OP
Rasmus

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I have never been down those parts before, so I just plotted something that looked interesting on the map...

Newmilns looks a very suitable place for the cake stop.

Top Bottom