CC Ecosse (West) ride - Sat 19th Jan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Rasmus

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Sounds good to me Rasmus, although I'm a bit suspicious of your 'gentle climb':sweat:
I guess I cannot blame you for that :laugh:. Would it help if I said that I usually tackle this climb from the other side as it's steeper that way?

On the way back is that the road past the Carbeth Inn? I recall being there in my yoof ...If so, it might be a good stopping point.

Yes, I believe it is. I also researched the existence of this cafe next to the Loch Lomond Shores centre in Balloch.

zizou

Veteran
That sounds like a good route Zizou. Any chance you could post up a wee route of the quiet Barrhead option for those of us who have little knowledge of the area? I have parked in Pollok Park before for a ride with no problems. Lots of space early in the day.

I've made a bit of an arse of the route through Pollok (mainly the roundabout Braidcroft - Barrhead - Brockburn road ....this can get very busy and i would normally avoid it if i could) but this is the general direction. If you were going to go by Whitelee windfarm (which i havent mapped out) then i'd recommend taking the turn off just before getting you go into Eaglesham...Kirkton moor road i think it is called. It is a quiet singletrack road and goes past a golf club, nice views over Glasgow then brings you out near Newton Mearns.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2054783

Looking at it the route there is a bit more urban cycling than i thought there would be leaving from Pollok park - about a third is urban. The A77 from Newton Mearns onwards has a cycle lane and is mostly downhill so it isn't that unpleasant but at the same time it is not as good for a social cycle ride as a nice quiet country road.

OP
OP
Rasmus

Rasmus

Without a clever title
BBC long range forecasts suggests anywhere from zero to +9 degrees.

But yes, it does look likely that the thick gloves will be required.

GBC

Veteran
Cold, but quite possibly dry and fine according to the Met Office. Probably a day for the third glove:thumbsup:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Important Edit: Should Weather, family, lungs and legs etc all lining up in agreement :thumbsup: - I'll try for this one - my longest 'bent ride to date ... :ohmy:

I can keep Fokker company pushing up the hills ... :heat:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Should Weather, family, lungs and legs etc all lining up in agreement :thumbsup: - I'll try for this one - my longest 'bent ride to date ... :ohmy:

I can keep Fokker company pushing up the hills ... :heat:
Want a detailed ride report and loads of pictures ... please? :rose:
Wish I wasn't working! :cry:

Top Bottom