Cannondale (hand made in USA) refurb.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would appreciate any views or advice with regard to getting this back on track . The bike is complete apart from tyres/tubes and hand grips , all of which are shot.
IMG_1926.jpeg

I have taken it apart to clean it up and thats as far as l have got. ^_^

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Looks like a CAAD3 bad boy. Solid frame. Clean up nice that.

DRM

Guru
That’s going to make a pretty good hybrid type bike, might cost a few quid to sort, but a heck of a lot cheaper than a brand new bike, plus the satisfaction of sorting it yourself too

OP
OP
W

woodbutchmaster

Veteran
That’s going to make a pretty good hybrid type bike, might cost a few quid to sort, but a heck of a lot cheaper than a brand new bike, plus the satisfaction of sorting it yourself too
It'll be my first hybrid , all my bikes are strictly road. That said, l am in sw. France and there are kilometres of forest tracks in the area so could be fun !

I have an old dale US-made frame.
Now broken down (I may have been stupid enough to jam a BB in it and it had short-travel suspension on the front which was a maintenance issue.)

But it was/is a wondferful frame.

it's ally but the welding on it puts most modern ally frames to shame.
Even expensive ones.
Many are an abomination in my eyes.
Enjoy building that back up.

It wasn't the welders that came from another plant but the beings that applied the filler over the welds :smile:
maybe, but the joints on the tubes of mine are superb.
Many modern ally frames remind me of hand-made artisan pie crusts.
I wouldn't be seen dead on them (and I'm not a lug fetishist - all my bikes are welded)

Top Bottom