Cannondale R4000 caad4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

d_shammas

Hey guys, I have a Cannondale R4000 that I have been asked to sell on behalf of my brother. This bike was his pride and joy back when he bought it new in 2002/2003, but he has since moved to Boston and it has been living in my parents garage gathering dust! Im sure you guys know a hell of a lot more about this bike than I do... ill get some pics up here as soon as I can and attempt to answer any questions. The bike is in really good condition and has covered very few miles - there are no cracks etc in the frame with only a few paint chips. It was never ridden in the rain and has always been dry stored. I would like around £600. I will post the item but would prefer collection. I can deliver myself for price of petrol. Ive added these two links which contain most of the tech info that i think you'll need!

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/00/cusa/model-0RR4K.html

http://www.bikemagic.com/review/rev...RCN/107/RPN/1587/v/1/sp/328729336791364353484

KINGCUTTER

What size is it what equipment is on it where in the country are you and are you open to offers as your price is way to high for a seven year old bike.

Nice bike but see the reliability score on that review for the Mavic Mektronic.

Depending on condition it might be worth a considerable amount to a collector.. I've got no idea how common these things are.

If I were:
a) not so skint
:blush: had space

I would certainly plump for it. It's a nice looking machine.

OP
OP
D

d_shammas

KINGCUTTER said:
What size is it what equipment is on it where in the country are you and are you open to offers as your price is way to high for a seven year old bike.

Ok I now see my description was a little bit vague! Ok, the bike is in Stafford, but as I said I can deliver for just the price of petrol. Its a 21" frame - my brother is 6"+ and it was a good fit apparently. In terms of equipment my lack of knowledge is a bit of a bugger - I think all the gear set has been replaced with Shimano Dura-ace equipment so the reliablity probs mentioned in the review shouldnt be relevent. The tires are Grand Prix 3000 and never used and the rims Mavic Open pro. Yes, this bike is 6/7 years old but it has sat unused for the last few of those years and has never really seen too many miles. It looks in mint condition! I will consider offers but we're in no rush to let this bike go and so I wont be giving it away! I think it will make someone very happy - im sure it wants to be ridden! :birthday:

OP
OP
D

d_shammas

beancounter said:
Does your brother have very short legs??? That's a small frame for a six footer.

bc

Maybe Ive not measured it correctly? Tips? :birthday: Ill have a look to see if theres a correct way and have another go asap! Pics on the way too...

beancounter

d_shammas said:
Maybe Ive not measured it correctly? Tips? :birthday: Ill have a look to see if theres a correct way and have another go asap! Pics on the way too...

Measure the top tube from the centre of the seat tube to the centre of the head tube, and measure the seat tube from the centre of the bottom bracket to the centre of the tope tube.

I'm 5 foot 10/11 and I ride 56cm Cannondales.

bc

OP
OP
D

d_shammas

1st lot of Pics as promised!

OP
OP
D

d_shammas

beancounter said:
Measure the top tube from the centre of the seat tube to the centre of the head tube, and measure the seat tube from the centre of the bottom bracket to the centre of the tope tube.

I'm 5 foot 10/11 and I ride 56cm Cannondales.

bc

Ok guys, just measured it properly (:rolleyes:) and can confirm its 58cm which I guess makes more sense! :birthday:

OP
OP
D

d_shammas

Bigtwin said:
You have PM.

If we can try and stick to the forum I think it will be more fair and transparent for everyone - cheers for the interest though! :ohmy:

ilovebikes said:
looks like a nice enough bike, but 600 is way off the mark...

Ok guys, it looks like I was a little off the mark to start off with - I am considering each reasonable offer though so If anyones interested let me know and we can see if the offer is acceptable. Cheers. Oh, and finally, just found some shimano pedals...SPD A-530 so i may as well chuck them in aswell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom