Cannondale shortage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

d87francis

I was expecting a call today from Wheelies who are handling my insurance claim after my bike was pinched in early September, but sadly it was to tell me I'd have to wait another month on my caad10. The bike that was stolen was an old shogun frame I had built myself including the wheels from old parts off fleabay, but very nice stuff (90s campy record). My policy limit was £1000 and I had spent significantly less to build the bike, however, wheelies valued my old bike at £1300 and to buy an off the peg replacement it sounds about right. Thankfully my insurer gets a discount from wheelies so that with my £100 excess I could afford a £1399 caad10 105 even thought my policy limit is £1000. Frustratingly I now have to wait another month for the caad10 or I can take £1000 in cash minus the discount wheelies would have given them so I'm guessing around £800, meaning I'll just have to wait.

Anyone else suffering from a cannondale shortage? I was initially told the 1st October, then the 5th and now the 29th. F*@k sake, I'm already going crazy through no cycling, how will I cope waiting that long?

Cyclist33

Surely there must be some other bloody good bike for £1400?

OP
OP
d87francis

d87francis

Surely there must be some other bloody good bike for £1400?
What about a very cheap run-a-around whilst you're waiting. At least you would be out on a bike then!
Cheers guys. Yes there are others but I really want the geometry of the caad10 and I think it far excels others at a similar price. Wheelies seem to have a shortage on lots of others too no Mekks or Felts, pretty much only have Treks or Giants in stock.

I had considered a cheap alternative whilst I wait. I'm planning on building a tourer ready for next summer so may try and pick something up secondhand and steel whilst I wait. A cheap new bike is a waste of money as far as I'm concerned.

Cyclist33

Cheers guys. Yes there are others but I really want the geometry of the caad10 and I think it far excels others at a similar price. Wheelies seem to have a shortage on lots of others too no Mekks or Felts, pretty much only have Treks or Giants in stock.

I had considered a cheap alternative whilst I wait. I'm planning on building a tourer ready for next summer so may try and pick something up secondhand and steel whilst I wait. A cheap new bike is a waste of money as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.wheelies.co.uk/p56270/Giant-Defy-Composite-2-2013-Road-Bike.aspx

I love my 'Dale, but if had 1400 quid burning a hole in my pocket I could do a lot of salivating on a Giant!

I adore my CAAD10 DA, but Cannondale supply has always been a bit hit and miss I believe.

TBH I wasn't really ready to buy when I got mine, (thank the Lord for 0%), but it was the last one in my size, (at that time anyway), so I bit the bullet while I knew they had one, a
nd I've never looked back.

Hang on for the CAAD buddy, you won't regret it I can assure you :thumbsup:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
BTW, to clarify, because I sure someone will bring it up, I am talking only about bikes branded and marketed under the Giant name, since they are one of, if not the worlds largest producer of bike frames and produce for many other brands, so chances are I may really like some bikes they produce, but are branded otherwise, but I don't really like the stuff produced under their own brand! I would have thought, having produced bikes for many other brands, they would have picked up a few design idea's to make their bikes look a little better.

I should also add, I, like smokeysmoo, am a big Cannondale fan and would consider myself to be pretty brand loyal to them now, it would take quite an exceptional machine like a Ritte Vlaanderen or BMC TMR01 to get my custom over a Cannondale. That being said, I probably couldn't afford either of the two dream bikes mentioned so will be sticking with my Cannondales for some time to come :smile:

Basil.B

Guru
I've no bike at the moment and after a Giant Defy1, might have to wait till February! :sad:
Can't believe it could be so time consuming to buy a bicycle.

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you tried the Giant stores or are you beholden to C2W?

I am totally uininspired by Specialized. I got my Giant as it was the right size, right spec, right price and red...my carbon is the pretty bike (IMO)

vickster

Legendary Member
You may need to call the branches. The old ones are sold out probably, new ones dribbling in - they had some 2013s in the Twickenham store

OP
OP
d87francis

d87francis

I have to admit I am really struck by the caad10 and performance aside I don't like the look of defy as much as the caad10 as I'm not a fan of sloping top tubes, hence there aren't many alternatives I'm interested in. Ok if I could afford a Colnago etc I would go with that but I reckon I will have to wait it out.

In the mean time I've been thinking about getting that tourer ready for next summer in France, and a Raleigh Royal at £399 seems not bad. It would be instead of the garmin 800 I was planning on purchasing to go with the caad10 and would mean I can cycle again for the next month.

I have to admit I am really struck by the caad10 and performance aside I don't like the look of defy as much as the caad10 as I'm not a fan of sloping top tubes, hence there aren't many alternatives I'm interested in. Ok if I could afford a Colnago etc I would go with that but I reckon I will have to wait it out.

In the mean time I've been thinking about getting that tourer ready for next summer in France, and a Raleigh Royal at £399 seems not bad. It would be instead of the garmin 800 I was planning on purchasing to go with the caad10 and would mean I can cycle again for the next month.
Sounds like a plan to me, and TBH you don't need a Garmin 800, overkill IMO.

Top Bottom