Cannondale Six Carbon 105 or Trek Madone 4.5c

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zacklaws

Guru
I stick to Trek's as I find them so comfortable to ride but they may not be everyones cup of tea, my latest is the Madone 4.5 but in a triple and love it to bits.

If I was to go for the Madone though, I would try and find a 2009 model, the reason being, Trek put the next level down group sets on their 2010 bikes to keep the price same as 2009 so you would get a better bike by buying a 2009 model.

dubhghall

Cannondale everytime for me (I have a Trek too). I have a Cannondale Six13 105 and a Synapse Hi-Mod Carbon, both truly fantastic bikes imo.
A colleague has just bought the Trek 4.5 and he is delighted with it, I haven't had the opportunity to ride yet - its snowing up here.
As said in other threads, ride both, one will feel better for you.

Good luck!

I have a Trek 1.5 that has been as good as gold, I also have a Madone 6.5 pro an absolute disaster, it has taken over 6 months of "back and forth" to the bike shop, Trek in Milton Keynes and the frame back to the U.S.A. Its ok now, but I would probably not have one again.

OP
OP
M

moggsy100

Well gone for the Cannondale six.... Ordered a 54" and hopefully pick it up within the week... ohhh its like christmas all over again... haha

Dayvo

just passin' through
Mad Doug Biker said:
Thanks, keep this type of thread going as I'm currently trying to decide what to go for too!!

Yeah, me too: either/or, or preferably both!

But it ain't easy, making a choice!

DanB

Hi Moggsy

Cannondale has recently won some major accolades so that would be my choice. Nothing much in it though

Dan

rhoadie

I've just spent 2 weeks riding a (borrowed) caad9 and loved it. I was gearing up to buy a caad9 before this so good news, but then i got a day on a carbon six and i am still in shock - it's in a different league to anything i have ever ridden before. Admitedly i've not ridden a lot of other bikes, but i was not expecting such a difference going from a caad9, which get great reviews, to a six. The six floats over the rough stuff while remaining so taut that you can feel every pedal stroke - amazing.

However, apart from the problem of my budget just being destroyed, I can't get hold of a six anywhere. Then I thought i'd go for plan :laugh: and have a go on a synapse, same story impossible to get hold of. I would go back to thinking about a caad9, but after trying a carbon bike i'm struggling to think about alu, so now i'm contemptating a Trek because i can actually get one...

So, finally, the question is what else should i be considering instead of a six/synapse/madone?

Top Bottom