Cannondale Six Carbon 105 or Trek Madone 4.5c

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
six105tripleblk2010.jpg
2010-Trek-Madone-4-5T.jpg
Hi all just in the process of getting a new road bike. After a full carbon spec bike and i have got it down to either the Cannondale Six Carbon 105 @ £1745 or the Trek Madone 4.5c @ £1600. Any help and thoughts to help my decision would be much appreciated..

Cheers...Paul..

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
trek trek trek trek trek

(im abit bi-est because i have a madone :sad:)

nosherduke996

Hi, ive had my Cannodale carbon six for nine months now and its been a joy to ride.No problems at all and it still gets a lot of my mates talking about it.
Get one, you know you want to ?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I vote for Cannondale, a totally ignorant vote tbh. Im in the Cannondale club!

I didnt like the Treks I test rode, Madone 4.7 and 2.1.

The Cannondale looks better too :sad:

OP
OP
M

moggsy100

Hi chris.. yeh the cannondale did last month it won the cycling plus bike of the year.. But just wanted some inpartial info rather than people paid to ride if you know what i mean...

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
it has to come down to test rides as they are both great bikes and one may suit you better than the other ride and fit wise. You're probably aware that Cycling Plus mag rated it the Cannodale as it's bike of the year for bikes up to £2500 but it's still got to be right for you. Enjoy making the choice coz I'm just jealous!

moggsy100 said:
Hi chris.. yeh the cannondale did last month it won the cycling plus bike of the year.. But just wanted some inpartial info rather than people paid to ride if you know what i mean...

I inquired about the Cannondale Six at a reknowned Cannondale supplier and he strongly recommended me NOT to get it! :sad:

He recommended the Synapse as a much better bike!

OP
OP
M

moggsy100

Dayvo said:
I inquired about the Cannondale Six at a reknowned Cannondale supplier and he strongly recommended me NOT to get it! :sad:

Dayvo what reasons did he give you for that advice???? Bearing inmind the synapse in another £500 quid more !!!!!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Dayvo said:
I inquired about the Cannondale Six at a reknowned Cannondale supplier and he strongly recommended me NOT to get it! :tongue:

To my knowledge (I may be wrong):

The Synapse is a sportive bike and not a full out and out racer, the Six is a full on racer is it not? I was under the impression that the Carbon 6 replaced the CAAD9 as the main Cannondale racer.

moggsy100 said:
Dayvo what reasons did he give you for that advice???? Bearing inmind the synapse in another £500 quid more !!!!!

The cynic would say that he's trying to sell a more expensive bike!

The bike that won the C+ test was the Six carbon 105 compact. The fella said it wasn't an out-and-out road bike, more like a low-entry wannabe road bike!

Horses for courses, I suppose, depending on what you want and how you're going to ride.

On aesthetics, I really like the look of the CAAD 9 105 compact, but it's not just about the look: it has to feel right, too.

I still think I want the Trek mad One 4.5! :tongue:

Top Bottom