Trek District Carbon Or Pinarello Paris?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sabeast

Have the chance to purchase a Trek District Carbon, but can't decide if I should get that or buy a new Pinarello Paris or even a Canyon Aeroad. The Trek is a belt drive freewheel.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
That is one weird selection :scratch:

To compare it to cars, it's a bit like asking if you should buy a minivan, hatchback or a saloon. These are very different things and whether they're the right choice will depend on what you want to use them for.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
That is one weird selection :scratch:

To compare it to cars, it's a bit like asking if you should buy a minivan, hatchback or a saloon. These are very different things and whether their the right choice will depend on what you want to use them for.

It is indeed a bit odd so I've just done a bit of googling.
Trek District Carbon "all-carbon, dedicated singlespeed belt-drive bike". That's a bit niche.
Pinarello Paris, a carbon road bike - I noticed that it takes up to 30mm tyres
Canyon Aeroad 100% aero race bike. I noticed that it is incredibly ugly.

From that rather odd selection of bikes, the nearest thing that's an all-rounder for fitness is the Pinarello. It seems odd to be describing a Pinarello like that. The Trek District Carbon is a weird thing. The Aeroad is an all out aero race bike. If given the choice of them - say I happened to have won a raffle prize - I'd go for the Pinarello. But that's just me.

fitness / leg muscle building
Cycling tends not to build muscle. You need to go to the gym for that. Cycling is more about aerobic fitness.

Jameshow

Veteran
It is indeed a bit odd so I've just done a bit of googling.
Trek District Carbon "all-carbon, dedicated singlespeed belt-drive bike". That's a bit niche.
Pinarello Paris, a carbon road bike - I noticed that it takes up to 30mm tyres
Canyon Aeroad 100% aero race bike. I noticed that it is incredibly ugly.

From that rather odd selection of bikes, the nearest thing that's an all-rounder for fitness is the Pinarello. It seems odd to be describing a Pinarello like that. The Trek District Carbon is a weird thing. The Aeroad is an all out aero race bike. If given the choice of them - say I happened to have won a raffle prize - I'd go for the Pinarello. But that's just me.

Cycling tends not to build muscle. You need to go to the gym for that. Cycling is more about aerobic fitness.

I'd go Paris as it's more versatile.

I do like the aeroad though!!!

Maybe for my 50th!

Top Bottom