Cannondale Synapse Carbon 71 Frame Mystery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NicGeo

Hi cycle people,
I need help to identify my new frame that I'm about to build.
It has mystified everyone that I have asked.
I've just bought a what I have been told is a 2015 Limited edition Cannondale Synapse carbon frame in near new condition.
But I can't seem to find anything about this particular model. HELP!
I was told its a limited edition and is in gloss finish.
It has the 71 logo on the down tubes in grey and white.
But............. at the back of the down tube it has a strange zigzag wave logo with Synapse either side that I don't know what on earth it is, and no google search that I have tried can help!
This model is always in matt finish not gloss also the Cannondale lettering on the bottom tube is in a very far forward position, with the E at the end of Cannondale running up the curve of the head tube.
No search and no one that I know what the frame is about???
It has no size badge or the Cannondale disclaimer sticker on the frame.
The serial numbers don't send me anywhere other than its a Cannondale Synapse Carbon bike.
Can someone please put me out of my misery... please,
Thanks Nic

Attachments

• IMG_7899.JPG
    IMG_7899.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_7854.JPG
    IMG_7854.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_7898.JPG
    IMG_7898.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_7916.JPG
    IMG_7916.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 210
You mean the seat tube ?

Isn't that the route of an alpine climb - Alpe d'Huez or similar ?

I found this but can't see your details.

https://www.7hundred.co.uk/36323/products/2014-cannondale-synapse-71-high-mod-disc-carbon.aspx

Buck

Guru
There may be some more knowledgeable folk on here but I’d be tempted to contact Cannondale direct and give them the frame number and photos to see if they can shed some light on the history of the frame/design.

OP
OP
NicGeo

NicGeo

You mean the seat tube ?

https://www.7hundred.co.uk/36323/products/2014-cannondale-synapse-71-high-mod-disc-carbon.aspx
You mean the seat tube ?

Hi Cougi,
Thanks for your reply.
yes seat tube you are right.
I have seen this 7Hundred post and it’s not this model.
This web page shows a red and blue stripe markings and no zigzag marking on back
Also It doesn’t have oversized cannondale script far up the down tube like mine.
But genius! Yes this could be an Alpine climb.
Doh! Didn’t think of that.
I’m getting obsessed because my daughter has been looking and said she thinks it’s fake???
The chap I bought it from said he aquired this with another bike, a pinarello dogma F8 froomy he said they were both rare. I can understand regarding the Froomy bike but not this one.
it’s also gloss finish which the web only shows Matt finish for the grey and white stripe 71 model.
The net has variants but not like this one.
Still confused.
Cheers, Nic

OP
OP
NicGeo

NicGeo

There may be some more knowledgeable folk on here but I’d be tempted to contact Cannondale direct and give them the frame number and photos to see if they can shed some light on the history of the frame/design.
Hi Buck,
I’ve emailed them but no reply.
getting hold of anyone at cannondale is near on impossible. My local bike shop also looked into it and found nothing.
I’ll let you know if Cannondale reply (possibilities of pigs flying could come before)
Thanks again. Nic

OP
OP
NicGeo

NicGeo

Hi Figbat,
The decal is on the frame under the enamel lacquer, the same as the rest of the lettering and striping.
It doesn't look retrofitted, but thanks for the suggestion.

This is Alpe d'Huez. It's not this is it ?
Map-of-Zwift.gif

gareth01244

Über Member
I had a 2015 synapse hi mod frame in the blue and grey colour scheme . It was the disc version but the colour scheme layout is the same. The reat seat tube decal represents an iconic climb according to a fellow synapse owner I met on a ride but I'm afraid I don't remember which one. The position of the cannondale logo on the downtube however is wrong as you suspect. No idea how or why but it would not have left the factory like that. I still have pics of my bike I can upload if it helps?

OP
OP
NicGeo

NicGeo

I had a 2015 synapse hi mod frame in the blue and grey colour scheme . It was the disc version but the colour scheme layout is the same. The reat seat tube decal represents an iconic climb according to a fellow synapse owner I met on a ride but I'm afraid I don't remember which one. The position of the cannondale logo on the downtube however is wrong as you suspect. No idea how or why but it would not have left the factory like that. I still have pics of my bike I can upload if it helps?
Hi Please send any pictures as I'm in the middle of building it and any images will help.

And yes the writing is all enlarged on the down tube and running right up the front head tube. (see more pics)
It's also gloss finish and all the ones everyone is sending web articles for are matt finish. (the 2014 red and blue stripe 71 was gloss)
Also no fame size decal or that sticker just by the bottom bracket that Cannondale always put on about disclaimer.
Do you recon it's a prototype? or a dud from the factory? The front fork indicates it's 2015 I think.
This frame weighs nothing probably 1/3 compared to my current bike.

Attachments

• IMG_7921 2.JPG
    IMG_7921 2.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_7920 2.JPG
    IMG_7920 2.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7925 2.JPG
    IMG_7925 2.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_7924 2.JPG
    IMG_7924 2.JPG