Cannondale Topstone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
F

Fraz21

Regular
Forgive me if it seems like I'm badgering, but I haven't actually seen anything that you are looking for in a bike other than to do the Iron Curtain route with 4 panniers.

A bike is for life - not just one trip, so again, I'd focus on having a really good think about what else you might fancy doing.

Going online and looking at what's available without a reference point? That way lies madness!^_^

As for the touring/bikepacking debate? Give me 10 people and I'll give you 20 definitions!^_^
On the bikepacking theme there's a great write up here on a Slovenian trip. That bike can be set up for panniers too, if I remember correctly.

You haven't mentioned budget either and I've no idea what gear you have, but remember to put some money aside for equipping the bike and yourself, if necessary.

There are lots of previous threads about touring bikes, equipment etc. Have a look through or use the search function.

On a housekeeping note, if the Topstone is no longer interesting maybe ask the mods to change the title or start a new thread - you'll probably attract more replies.

Good luck!
Thanks for the advice

S1mb0b

I have that Topstone, did well for me carrying loaded rear panniers for a few days camping and a bar bag out front. Obviously not going to be any good if you want front panniers as well, but it handles well loaded. I have a 11-40T cassette which is fine with no mods for the 105 derailleur, and that gets me up everything I need it to.
If buying again, I'd go with the new Fairlight Faran 2.0 though, lovely looking bike, and every carrying option covered.

Top Bottom