Cannondale vs Orro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I just need to see whether the Orro can be fitted with larger tyres (it comes with 28mm Continentals).

No worries there, even it can't take wider tyres.

We seem to have gone from an obsession with ever narrower tyres to an obsession with ever wider ones.

The 28s on the Orro will be just the job for the riding you describe.

If you went much wider, you might come across problems with extra rolling resistance - always a bad thing on a bicycle.

AndyRM

XOXO
Smart looking bike that Orro, good choice.

OP
OP
mirobertson

mirobertson

Regular
No worries there, even it can't take wider tyres.

We seem to have gone from an obsession with ever narrower tyres to an obsession with ever wider ones.

The 28s on the Orro will be just the job for the riding you describe.

If you went much wider, you might come across problems with extra rolling resistance - always a bad thing on a bicycle.

Thanks very much @Pale Rider ! The chap in the bike shop said the same thing. He also said it would probably take 30s on the Orro but that when standing this could cause chain rub…he said the 28s would be fine but perhaps upgrade the tyre itself.

OP
OP
mirobertson

mirobertson

Regular
Smart looking bike that Orro, good choice.

Thanks! Yeah I thought it looks really nice. For my budget anyway it seems like a good spec with full 105 setup. Always nice to see the more expensive bikes in the shop…but thankfully I cant be tempted since my budget was maxed out anyway on the Orro I have gone with!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Thanks very much @Pale Rider ! The chap in the bike shop said the same thing. He also said it would probably take 30s on the Orro but that when standing this could cause chain rub…he said the 28s would be fine but perhaps upgrade the tyre itself.

Always good to hear of sensible advice from a local bike shop.

I doubt you will feel any need to fit wider tyres, but if you do it's worth bearing in mind that sizes stamped on the tyre can vary from make to make when it comes to fitting.

If clearance looks in any way tight, you need to fit the tyres before buying - the bike shop should help with that.

You might fancy something with a different tread, but almost every tyre you could ever want is available in 28.

AndyRM

XOXO
Thanks! Yeah I thought it looks really nice. For my budget anyway it seems like a good spec with full 105 setup. Always nice to see the more expensive bikes in the shop…but thankfully I cant be tempted since my budget was maxed out anyway on the Orro I have gone with!

You don't see many around these parts, but when I've seen them I've always thought they looked good. And like you say, a really good spec - a lot of places will mix groupsets with slightly lesser components.

Have to say I was surprised when I found out they are a British brand. I'd always assumed Italian.

Jameshow

Veteran
You don't see many around these parts, but when I've seen them I've always thought they looked good. And like you say, a really good spec - a lot of places will mix groupsets with slightly lesser components.

Have to say I was surprised when I found out they are a British brand. I'd always assumed Italian.

I saw a Boardman carbon bike in halfrauds with 105 shifters and tekros brakes! No where near as good imho.

AndyRM

XOXO
I saw a Boardman carbon bike in halfrauds with 105 shifters and tekros brakes! No where near as good imho.

Yeah, Tektro seem to be the go to for replacements. Decent enough quality IME.

Top Bottom