Can't afford to be bored again I think

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shooter560

Went out for a club ride today, nice steady pace averaged a smidge over 20mph for the 53miles, got home and dozed for 20 mins after a shower, kids have Dr Who on TV as its a Dr Who weekend on SciFi channel, I was bored so went out for a little while.

1 hour later I return with a new Langster under my arm :biggrin: luckily the wife is OK with it, though where it'll live is a worry as my road and time trial bikes are in the dining room.

OK I think next time I'm bored I'd better have a longer sleep, its much cheaper

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Noooo another Langster:sad::biggrin::sad:
I like the idea though, went out bored, came back with a new bike:becool: Keep it in your hall, so its always ready to go;)

yenrod

shooter560 said:
Went out for a club ride today, nice steady pace averaged a smidge over 20mph for the 53miles, got home and dozed for 20 mins after a shower, kids have Dr Who on TV as its a Dr Who weekend on SciFi channel, I was bored so went out for a little while.

1 hour later I return with a new Langster under my arm ;) luckily the wife is OK with it, though where it'll live is a worry as my road and time trial bikes are in the dining room.

OK I think next time I'm bored I'd better have a longer sleep, its much cheaper

>Yeah but if you have a longer sleep you may end up with a proper bike with gears ;)

OP
OP
shooter560

shooter560

yenrod said:
>Yeah but if you have a longer sleep you may end up with a proper bike with gears ;)

And when you learn to read you'll find I already have a road/race bike and also a time trial machine, guess I could get a mountain bike next week, then a folder but then the following month it'll have to be a recumbent just to annoy people.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
wafflycat said:
Absolutely not. I too, am a fine woman, so understand that there is nothing wrong in having bikes in the house

Oh thanks Waffly, I know you are a true cyclist. You just had me worried for a minute:biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
wafflycat said:
Absolutely not. I too, am a fine woman, so understand that there is nothing wrong in having bikes in the house

I wish my mum thought like that:sad:
I would love my bikes in the house ;)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The last complete bike I bought was when I went into Rory O'Brien's in Romford for a chat and came out with a Cannondale CAAD 2 which had been reduced from £1100 down to £700.

That lead to a certain amount of friction when I got home, I can tell you.

Top Bottom