Can't be bothered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Glad I'm not the only one taking a break today. It is a lovely sunny day, but the wind has put me right off! Might go for a stroll in the park later instead. :thumbsup:

I am supposed to take mini cK to the park later , that means he will run around the football field about 7-8 times and hes 3 !!

zexel

Veteran
Just back from a climb up the Malvern Hills with middle child (15).

It was a training ride for him.

The wind was HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE.

It really was one of those days when we should have stayed in dressing gowns.

As it was, he looked as if he was dying over the bars a quarter of the way through.... so I zeroed his computer as soon as we got back. I didn't want him to see the time....

Whoever stayed off their bike today did the right thing.

Have another espresso, light up a Camel and read some Sartre.

Then a short stroll to get a paper, followed by a big, fat carbonara sauce on penne.

Sod the bike today.

I laughed out loud at that.

The key is not beating yourself up about it so can you enjoy the 'time off', and get back when your ready to. You can always buy yourself a new gadget ;) , that always gets me back on the bike when motivation wanes.

I've been meaning to go out on the bike for the last two days, finally managed to crow bar myself out the door this morning. I got two miles down the road (planning on a 65miler) and realised I'd forgotten my water bottles :angry: , dang, so I knocked out 30 miles instead, luckily the wind was a side wind both ways and actually made good progress.

Chutzpah

Über Member
As my wife is in work this evening, and it's our last day together before I go back to work tomorrow (we haven't spent much time together despite me being off as she has still been working) I had every intention of getting up at dawn, going out for a few hours and being back before she woke up, or at least not long after.

As it turns out, I had a lie in
biggrin.gif

I have been to Argos on the bike today though.

Wardy

With me it's the old depression thing. When you're in the pit even the things you normally love doing don't excite you enough to get moving.

OP
OP
C

chillyuk

With me it's the old depression thing. When you're in the pit even the things you normally love doing don't excite you enough to get moving.

Hope you can clamber out of the pit soon my friend. I have been there and know what you mean.
All the best.

cloggsy

Boardmanist
I did over 75 miles of commuting last week. I rode home with a headwind all the way back on Thursday :sad:

So I've had this long weekend off... Cleaned, de-greased and lubed our bikes today so I'll be back 'on the wagon' (so to speak) tomorrow :thumbsup:

I hope the rest has done me good and I can start improving my speed, either that or I'll be in agony :whistle:

Thelma

I tend to get up early and if I can get out shortly after breakfast, I enjoy the ride or walk but if I start doing other things i.e work on the computer or in the garden then my body finds reasons for not exercising, today, because I will be away for three weeks from Sunday I made the excuse to go and get SWMBO the big bag of compost that she will use while I am away, this afternoon I will water the veg plot and hopefully have enough go in me to get out for a ride after tea. and yes I agree that the hardest part of a long ride or walk is often getting out and starting it.

I'm like this. I have to go first thing or I'll find a million reasons not to go out.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Didn't ride today, got out yesterday for a 'you must be back at this time' ride. The wind has been a mare for the last three days, but I made some decisions about my route based on the wind yesterday.

Headed out for a hilly ride, but realised it was going to be hard. After about 8 miles at the top of a climb to Mellor (Chesh/Derbs border) I had a choice - continue into wind, or turn and go back on relatively flat roads. Time was ticking too.

Took the hiller route, but at the top of the next Climb, I chose to take the tail/cross wind route, which involved more climbing though, but missed out a very fast descent with seriously bad cross winds. Plus side, the views were excellent, very clear. Then followed a brake block burner of a descent into Charlesworth.

Realised it was a serious wind when easily doing 28 mph, on a road I'm normally doing 20-23 :whistle: Mae it home in time though.

Must say, though, unless you 'commute' it's easy to fall in to the 'cant be bothered today'. Certainly is like that at weekends after 5 days commuting. Just find a 'time slot' and go.

Dewi

Veteran
I didn't enjoy the wind on my ride Sunday and having worked the dog this morning I decided it was worst today so change of sport was in order, I watched the snooker final instead :smile:

D

Deleted member 1258

Sometimes the MOJO's missing, sometimes its because your being lazy or your p***** off, sometimes its your body telling you it needs a rest, don't beat yourself up about it, just make sure your out next time. This weekend I did a lone 43 miles on Friday and a 60 mile club ride Sunday, today I took the mrs to a Fate on the other side of the city and treated the day as a rest day, back at work tomorrow and back on the bike.

exbfb

Been there.
It's something that goes for extended periods, but you have to watch for its return.

For me, cycling is part of the cure.
The feel good factor comes from the exercise.

Go for a local mile or two, that's your way of cracking the door back open.

Rebel Ian

I had it today too. Two calendar months from the longest ride of my life and I just couldn't muster the enthusiasm to get out today. :sad:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I just couldn't face the prospect of going out in the wind today. Rain, cold and snow ( but not ice), I can handle, but wind just sucks out my Spirit.

Oh, the shame....:cry:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That sounds like me this morning, I have agoraphobia, so I'm adept at finding a reason to stay in bed, I keep reminding myself of how good it will feel when I'm on the bike, also I've got another sportive coming this month, with hills, so I'm making sure I'm getting some hills and miles in those legs!
I was very bad with agoraphobia for 3 years from 19 to 22 years of age. In fact, I hardly left the house sober and I had to send friends out to buy the booze!

I still have slightly agoraphobic tendencies but I force myself to organise forum rides so I have to get up and go out on my bike with fellow CycleChat members. Once I've made the effort, I nearly always enjoy the rides and the company.

I highly recommend either going on other people's forum rides or organising some yourself!

Top Bottom