Cant decide what to do...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swiftylee

last year i had a Cannondale caad 8 size 56 and enjoyed it but sold it to get a carbon bike.

now i have a giant defy comp 3 size large with upgrades to wheels stem and bars but find in uncomfortable on longer rides. My hips and knees hurt a lot.

is this me or my bike...

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Sounds like a proper bike fit might be worth investing in. Obviously there will be a cost but worth a try before you write the bike off fully.

Cyclist33

last year i had a Cannondale caad 8 size 56 and enjoyed it but sold it to get a carbon bike.

now i have a giant defy comp 3 size large with upgrades to wheels stem and bars but find in uncomfortable on longer rides. My hips and knees hurt a lot.

is this me or my bike...

You maybe got the Giant a size too big. I recall you got for like half price sooo... pays yer money takes yer chances? Saying that, get a shorter stem, bring the saddle forward or get a seatpost with zero setback, and you might find it gets better.
Hips - very well maybe saddle is a bit too high.
Knees - cleats at the wrong angle?

Stu

OP
OP
swiftylee

swiftylee

been offered £900 which is basically what i spent out in total or do i get a bike fit. Don't use clip in shoes so not that... Just don't feel that relaxed position on it seat is forward

buggi

Bird Saviour
i would get a bike fit first, i had one at an LBS and it didn't cost. It wasn't a computerised one, just the bloke sitting me on it and saying yay or nay, but it made all the difference. if it still hurts to ride, sell it and get another bike. no point in having a bike you dread riding.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I would go to my lbs and ask them to take a look at the fit like buggi did . Defy 3 comp is a lovely bike .

OP
OP
swiftylee

swiftylee

called my lbs wanted £150 for bike fit.. think that answers my question. buy a new bike, not from my lbs who actually supplied the giant but not to me ...

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
called my lbs wanted £150 for bike fit.. think that answers my question. buy a new bike, not from my lbs who actually supplied the giant but not to me ...
My lbs ( giant store ) are always happy to tweak my bikes for fit or a niggle I have .
Take it to your local giant store and be honest with them . Tell them it hurts to ride and you didn't buy it from new . Go during the week when they are not busy . Worth a try . A defy comp should make you smile when riding ! My alu defy 5 makes me smile .

Top Bottom