Can't Flip Stem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

g00se

Veteran
Don't worry - just go for the "too strong for my own good" line :smile:. I don't think I could over-tighten those bolts with an Allen key even if I tried...

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
Right, calmed down now :smile:

So I got one of the other cyclists who knows his maintanance to have a look at it.

After a minute or two of looking at it, fiddling around with it, trying to work out what was wrong, he started laughing.

So, I was flipping the stem, then screwing it back in ...

... from the same side - to me - as I had unscrewed it to start with.

Which of course is now the other side!

So basically the reason it wasn't tightening up sufficiently when the stem was flipped, but was fine the other way round, was because I was screwing the screws in from the wrong side!

Hahahahhahahahaohdear.

It's fine now, no need for a new stem :smile: Thanks everyone for your help!

accountantpete

Brexiteer
We've now marked your card for future reference Jezston!
biggrin.gif

g00se

Veteran
Tip if you're ever visited by the p* fairy: The patch goes on the tube, not the tyre.

And quick release skewers are for wheels, not speedy barbecues.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Oi! I'll remind you all that none of you thought of it either ;)

with good reason but, as mentioned, your cards marked now, next time you ask for advice it's going to be like talking to an IT helpdesk......we'll start with 'is it switched on?' and move on from there.

g00se

Veteran
with good reason but, as mentioned, your cards marked now, next time you ask for advice it's going to be like talking to an IT helpdesk......we'll start with 'is it switched on?' and move on from there.

Yup - a question like: "help changing tyre" will have an initial response like: "700c, 26inch or stabilizer"?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
[QUOTE 1137165"]
That's funny.

Don't worry thoug. Most of us have done something equally as daft. Though we'd never admit it on a public forum!
[/quote]

No we haven't................

He can go down the hill first, no mercy..... :whistle:

Top Bottom