Can't Flip Stem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
I'm surprised this hasn't descended into crude innuendo regarding screwing something in the wrong side.

Anyway, I'll say it again - you are all just as bad as me in my book for not noticing it either! Yes you are shut up.

g00se

Veteran
Sorry Jez, you'll just have to RIDE it out (tighten the bolts up first though).

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Just curious but, in the scenario you've described, wouldn't there be a big giveaway. When bolting up from the correct side the bolts slot through one side and engage the other, when reversing the bolts then they'd engage straight away? Not trying to make you feel worse just exploring in the interest of clarity.

Obviously I'm only guessing here, it's never easy to put yourself into the mind of a nutter. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
Can we ban him for being so retarded?

Wow. That was a bit harsh.

Yeah I made a mistake, a mistake that was actually quite easy to make - the screw holes are identical from both sides and there is thread on both sides meaning it's easy to screw it in from either side without it looking different, it just doesn't fully lock into place as a result.

I'm sure we've all made dumb mistakes in the past, butat least I was open and good humoured about it. No need to grind me into the dirt over it.

Think it's time this thread got locked.

g00se

Veteran
Yeah - come on guys, the ones that were posting with ideas in the first place can get a way will a bit of leg pulling here, but lets not all put the boot in eh?

MacB

[QUOTE 1137183"]
I'm sure there's room for more friendly ribbing?

So,.....

You should apply for a job at Halfords. You'd fit in well there.
[/quote]

this could be the first instance in history of someone being underqualified for a bike mechanics job at Halfords :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
Keep it friendly please ... a bit gentle ribbing is one thing, but please avoid the temptation to take it too far.

Hopefully that'll put a handle on it and stem the flow Jezston ... :whistle: ... lol

Thanks,
Shaun :biggrin:

MacB

Keep it friendly please ... a bit gentle ribbing is one thing, but please avoid the temptation to take it too far.

Hopefully that'll put a handle on it and stem the flow Jezston ... :whistle: ... lol

Thanks,
Shaun :biggrin:

Not sure what you mean here Shaun, too far? have things taken a 'turn' for the worse? is it stable door after horse has 'bolted'? is he getting in a spin? are we going round in circles?

Ok, I'll get my coat

Wow. That was a bit harsh.

Yeah I made a mistake, a mistake that was actually quite easy to make - the screw holes are identical from both sides and there is thread on both sides meaning it's easy to screw it in from either side without it looking different, it just doesn't fully lock into place as a result.

I'm sure we've all made dumb mistakes in the past, butat least I was open and good humoured about it. No need to grind me into the dirt over it.

Think it's time this thread got locked.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I'm sure we've all done things we later regretted (telling anyone about). I recently crushed the carbon steerer of a Rockshox World Cup Black Box SID fork. Then I peeled a sticker off it and took the paint off down to the metal. Rather reduced its value I'd say.

Top Bottom