Can't get holes in Yorkshires anymore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Essex Spurs

Help what's occurring? For years my Yorkshires were the best on the planet(except for my mums).
Now I can't get a hole in the middle to save my life.
things have got so bad my wife has left a packet of that Aunt Bessy rubbish out on the table!!!!
Please help as I've no-one to turn to.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Assuming 'everything's the same', the only thing I can think of is that maybe they've changed the flour. They do that sometimes. (I always use 'the same flour' to make bread, but sometimes it rises more than other times - and that's in a machine, so everything else really is absolutely equal.) Try a different brand and see if it makes a difference.

OP
OP
The Essex Spurs

The Essex Spurs

I would imagine it's either the oven has changed or you have lived in Essex too long and are becoming increasingly orange and dumb.
How dare you generalise about coming from Essex!!!!! I'll have you know that I have my nails done only once a month,haven't watched TOWIE for 9 hours and not been to the Sugar Hut in Brentwood for over a week!!!

OP
OP
The Essex Spurs

The Essex Spurs

It sounds like you haven't got the fat hot enough in the baking tray.
Could well be but I used to have gas and now have electric which I have never been particularly keen on TBH.

Joffey

Big Dosser
To make 6 Yorkshire Puddings:

Half a cup of plain flour
Half a cup of eggs
Half a cup of milk

Whisk

Preheat over to max. When over super hot put veg oil in tray (about a cm deep) and put in oven. Leave for 10 mins until oil is smoking hot.

Whip tray out and pour in mixture about a third of the way up. Quickly back in the oven and don't open oven again until they are cooked (about 15 mins).

Job done.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I learnt how to make Yorkshire puds yesterday. I'm 47! Anyways, they turned out really nice and wen't well with the Roast Beef, tatties, carrots and brocolli I served up. No one died yet either which is a bonus.

Reactions: TVC
Top Bottom